Nov 11 2011
By: n1kki6 First Son 9 posts

Question about loading Cloud save.

2 replies 215 views Edited Nov 11, 2011

Last night my PS3 YLOD on me in the middle of playing uncharted 3.  Thanks to some youtube video's I was able to fix my YLOD, get my game out and copy and game save I need to the cloud. In doing so all of my save data says it copied at 12/1/1009 or something like that.  Since I didn't want to risk another failure I moved my old PS3 to another room and bought a new ps3 today.  I was able to copy my uncharted 3 game save from the cloud to the new ps3, but uncharted will still not load it.  Do I need to wait the 24 hours still even if it's letting me copy it to my ps3?

Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38743 posts

Re: Question about loading Cloud save.

Nov 11, 2011

n1kki6 wrote:

Last night my PS3 YLOD on me in the middle of playing uncharted 3.  Thanks to some youtube video's I was able to fix my YLOD, get my game out and copy and game save I need to the cloud. In doing so all of my save data says it copied at 12/1/1009 or something like that.  Since I didn't want to risk another failure I moved my old PS3 to another room and bought a new ps3 today.  I was able to copy my uncharted 3 game save from the cloud to the new ps3, but uncharted will still not load it. Do I need to wait the 24 hours still even if it's letting me copy it to my ps3?

I'm not certain, so maybe others can confirm or deny my thoughts, but I think this to be the case, yes.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Question about loading Cloud save.

Nov 11, 2011

I think the 24 hr restriction only applies to copy protected data.  Per the online manual:

• Copy-protected saved data is handled as follows:
  • - Uploading to online storage: Can be done at any time.
  • - Downloading saved data from online storage: Once saved data that is copy-protected is uploaded to or downloaded from online storage, you must wait at least 24 hours before downloading the same data again.

I have not cheated, and opened my kids new UC3 PS3 Christmas bundle, to get in some early UC3 action ... so I have no idea if UC3 is copy protected. Maybe your file was corrupted?  That date/time stamp looks suspect.

Message 3 of 3 (215 Views)
0 Likes