May 27 2014
By: Zaknefien First Son 3 posts

Question about Upgrading Super Street Fighter 4

[ Edited ]
3 replies 127 views Edited May 27, 2014

Hello, I'm new to this place. I have a copy of Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. I was looking at getting the Digital Upgrade to Ultra, will that work or would I need the digital copy of Super Street Fighter 4 as well?

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible and edited label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa 

Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Re: Physical Copy, Digital DLC.

May 27, 2014

Zaknefien wrote:

Hello, I'm new to this place. I have a copy of Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. I was looking at getting the Digital Upgrade to Ultra, will that work or would I need the digital copy of Super Street Fighter 4 as well?

I highly doubt Capcom is going to have an upgrade option, knowing Capcom your going to have to pay the full amount for Ultra.

Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Question about Upgrading Super Street Fighter 4

May 27, 2014

They are offering a Digital upgrade for 14.99.  I'm just curious if It'll work for my physical copy of the game or if it would only work for the digital version of the game.

Message 3 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Question about Upgrading Super Street Fighter 4

May 27, 2014

This is solved.  Went to Capcom forums asked there, "The digital upgrade will work both for physical copies of SSF4/SSF4AE as well as digital downloads of each version. You can directly upgrade from SSF4 (without requiring AE) to Ultra. I can't say whether you'll actually need your SSF4(AE) disc in the future to play Ultra if you upgrade this way, but chances are you won't."

Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes