Dec 14 2012
By: Ming_Dragon Wastelander 842 posts

Question about Ragnarok Odyssey?

5 replies 201 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

JW, what is that little blue crystal in the bottom left of the screen? As I fight, it lights up nbut nothing seems to happen if I tap it or anything. What is its purpose?

Also Above the potions, there is a grayed-out box with a man inside that never does anything. What does that do?

Thanks!

-MD

Message 1 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: Question about Ragnarok Odyssey?

Dec 14, 2012

Pretty sure it tells you in the book.

1. Push Blue PS button under left analog stick.

2. Push the Pinkish Red Book at top of screen.

3. Scroll to the page that talks about the HUD.

Message 2 of 6 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13525 posts

Dec 14, 2012

The blue crystal in the bottom left indicates Tension.

Tension increases as you fight. As it increases, the damage you do to enemies also increases (it starts to glow as its increasing)

Collecting the star shaped blue items off the ground increases tension as well.

Certain attacks by enemies can lower Tension (and it will turn dark) and you will do less damage.

I believe with max tension, you deal 50% more damage and with lowest tension, you deal 1/2 damage.

As for the box, that is the trigger for Dainsleif Mode (DS mode).

After a certain point in the game (quite early on), you unlock it. There is a circular bar to the left of your health. As you do damage/get hit by monsters, it fills up. Once its full, you can touch that box (it turns red) and it uses DS mode.

During DS Mode, your HP constantly drains, but you restore HP every time you damage enemies. You get maximum tension for the duration of DS mode so you do extra damage. There is no AP cost so you can dash a lot faster and infinitely so while it is active.

DS mode will drain the circular bar, once it runs out, DS mode ends. You can also end it manually by touching the box again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Awesome, thanks! I actually unlocked DS mode right after I posted this, But I didn't know about the tention crystal Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 14, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

The blue crystal in the bottom left indicates Tension.

Tension increases as you fight. As it increases, the damage you do to enemies also increases (it starts to glow as its increasing)

Collecting the star shaped blue items off the ground increases tension as well.

Certain attacks by enemies can lower Tension (and it will turn dark) and you will do less damage.

I believe with max tension, you deal 50% more damage and with lowest tension, you deal 1/2 damage.

That's correct, and you lose tension if you are knocked down; this doesn't include being knocked in air but recovering with a jump. There are cards that will increase tension gain or give you full tension from the start (like Hajnir's)~.

Even though I platinum'ed the game and moved onto another a few days ago, I'd still like to revisit it at some point to farm for legendary weapons, the only one I ever got had red dmg~.

Message 5 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

JW, what is that little blue crystal in the bottom left of the screen? As I fight, it lights up nbut nothing seems to happen if I tap it or anything. What is its purpose?

Also Above the potions, there is a grayed-out box with a man inside that never does anything. What does that do?

Thanks!

-MD

The blue crystal is for boss battles that can take to the sky. You can also jump high to a certain limit for boss enemies at the end of each chapter. If you look at these fights, the blue crystal lights up.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 6 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes