Jul 02 2010
By: Da_1_hated_tito Sackboy 419 posts

Question about PS+

5 replies 16 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

I plan on buying the one year subscription today on my fiancee's account, and I am wondering if I will have access to the stuff she downloads(themes, games, add-on's, etc.)  It's on the same PS3 system.  I already have funds on her account, so I prefer to purchase it on her account.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Re: Question about PS+

Jul 2, 2010

Da_1_hated_tito wrote:

I plan on buying the one year subscription today on my fiancee's account, and I am wondering if I will have access to the stuff she downloads(themes, games, add-on's, etc.)  It's on the same PS3 system.  I already have funds on her account, so I prefer to purchase it on her account.  Thanks in advance.

You will be able to use the games/addons and themes, but avatars are locked to the paying account, hopefully they will change this in the future.

Message 2 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
419 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Powie wrote:

You will be able to use the games/addons and themes, but avatars are locked to the paying account, hopefully they will change this in the future.

Yea, i found out the hard way about the avatars =(, so i purchased myself drake =D.  Thanks though, really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Powie wrote:

Da_1_hated_tito wrote:

Hey guys,

So, are the Avatars the only thing that the other accounts on my PS3 will not be able to access? Right now my kids are bugging the crap out of me to get the plus but it can only be purchased by me ( the main acct holder). Not that 50 bills is a huge amount of money, but I just want to make sure of what they can access/use before I get it.

Is there anywhere I can go to read what's up with the given features and who can access/use them?

Much appreciated,

G

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Granite-man
Message 4 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Granite-man wrote:

Hey guys,

So, are the Avatars the only thing that the other accounts on my PS3 will not be able to access? Right now my kids are bugging the crap out of me to get the plus but it can only be purchased by me ( the main acct holder). Not that 50 bills is a huge amount of money, but I just want to make sure of what they can access/use before I get it.

Is there anywhere I can go to read what's up with the given features and who can access/use them?

Much appreciated,

G

This is probably the best place to start reading up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

Basically anyone on your PS3 can use the games and DLC that you get from PS+, just like any other purchases from the PS Store.  As the others have stated, the only thing that can't be used by anyone else are the premium avatars.

Message 5 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Thanks Prof, I'm headed there now!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Granite-man
Message 6 of 6 (16 Views)
0 Likes