Oct 20 2012
By: tbone547 Wastelander 874 posts

Question about PS Plus games across same system accounts

4 replies 132 views Edited Oct 20, 2012
I just got a trial for PS Plus and so far I'm very impressed by there sheer amount of content available. However when my roommate went to play infamous 2 he had to do so on my account as he didn't see the option to when he logged in through his user account on the same system. Are the free games locked to user accounts linked to my PSN account or is there a way to access them from other local user accounts on my PS3?
Message 1 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Question about PS Plus games across same system accounts

Oct 20, 2012
Apparently the free games are locked to your user account. I had thought that any other user on that same system would be able to access the games, but I guess you have proven that is not the case...
Message 2 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Oct 20, 2012
You might have to change a setting or somthing becouse all the accounts on my ps3 can Play the ps+ games.
Message 3 of 5 (113 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Oct 22, 2012

tbone547 wrote:
I just got a trial for PS Plus and so far I'm very impressed by there sheer amount of content available. However when my roommate went to play infamous 2 he had to do so on my account as he didn't see the option to when he logged in through his user account on the same system. Are the free games locked to user accounts linked to my PSN account or is there a way to access them from other local user accounts on my PS3?

I'lll look into this. from what I understand, you can access games on any account, regardless of who has the Plus. but perhaps certain games might be set up different. I'm going to ask our QA team to review this. I'll get back to you. 

Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Oct 22, 2012
All games and content work on any user account, including trials however for trials you need to first launch them at least once on the Plus acct and then they work on other accounts. You can't start a trial on any other account.
Message 5 of 5 (66 Views)
0 Likes