Sep 22 2013
By: Ritsu_IsMy_Waifu First Son 4 posts

Question Regarding PSN Account Transfer to PS4

3 replies 1307 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

Okay, so:

I live in USA. However, I made a Japanese Account on my PS3, and use that one primarily. (I wanted that Ritsu picture...)

When the PS4 comes out, and we can transfer our PSN Account over, will that work for this Japanese account since the PS4 hasn't even released in Japan at that point? Will the PSN Store just be a USA Store for me?

Secondly, didn't Sony say something about just linking like your Facebook Account as your PSN Profile and you could use any picture as your avatar that you wanted? I just want to keep my Ritsu picture and name, haha.

Any helpful replies will be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Message 1 of 4 (1,307 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

Re: Question Regarding PSN Account Transfer to PS4

Sep 22, 2013

Your accounts are NOT tied to a specific console. They are for the network. And I imagine that you won't be able to access many of the PS4 specific features when you sign in on your Japanese account for the first few months.

Message 2 of 4 (1,300 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Hmm. Right. I'm just curious as to if I can sign in with this account and use everything normally. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Message 3 of 4 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Sep 22, 2013

1. Unbox your PS4

2. Plug it in and hook it up online

3. Either make a new account with a new e-mail if you want to start all over, or sign in with your account info that you had on the PS3 and everything will be as it was on th PS3 just that it will now be on the PS4 interface.

Message 4 of 4 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes