First Son
14 posts

Re: Question DIGITAL Vs. CARTRIDGE Games????

Mar 13, 2012

I have the 32g memory card so I'm a little more brash than everyone else.

I only buy Vita games digitally that I have absolutely no intentions on trading in/selling. Games like Ultimate Marvel, and games that I really like that are not purchasable physically, Mutant Blobs

PSP games you have no choice, so I have budgeted 20g for PSP games.

Buying sports games digitally is also stupid because they lose value annually, so I sell them about 3 months prior to the end of a season. (I work at GameStop and that's generally when sports games sell values hit the tank)

Basically you just have to know what kind of games that will give you the most playtime and will retain value (platformers, RPGs, fighting games, puzzlers) and download those digitally.

Message 41 of 46 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I also have a 32g card, but am still going to get carts for anything upwards of 2.5g or things that aren't to be played in short bursts.

I see myself having a lot of games 5 years from now and don't like the idea of swapping memory cards in and out if I can avoid it.

Message 42 of 46 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 13, 2012

It's no different than swapping in and out game cartridges.

edit: actually less so, however, you do have the advantage of selling the games later. But if you're like me and only really sell sports games, digitally also saves money and time.

postedit: only saves the $5 if you buy at launch and not later on preowned at GameStop or the such.

Message 43 of 46 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 13, 2012

^ Kinda. A bit more fragile and expensive tho so I'd rather stick to one and leave it in.

(edit: not really interested in selling games, although I bet others are.)

Message 44 of 46 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Is it better to buy digitally so that the game runs of the memory card? Instead of carrying around these game cards? If u buy the game card, u need the card to play the game. But if u buy it digitally, u can play the game still with any other game card loaded.

I guess it depends on the gamer, what they want to do. As for me, I would like to be able to play my games anywhere, regardless of carrying around those cards. So digital for me
Message 45 of 46 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 29, 2013

AzNJ808 wrote:
Is it better to buy digitally so that the game runs of the memory card? Instead of carrying around these game cards? If u buy the game card, u need the card to play the game. But if u buy it digitally, u can play the game still with any other game card loaded.

I guess it depends on the gamer, what they want to do. As for me, I would like to be able to play my games anywhere, regardless of carrying around those cards. So digital for me

Read the WHOLE THREAD... you would have gotten your answer.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 46 of 46 (55 Views)
0 Likes