MVP Support
12614 posts

Re: Question DIGITAL Vs. CARTRIDGE Games????

Feb 11, 2012

pohanlin wrote:

Did you buy it to test it out?  modnation racers DOES NOT HAVE multiplayer for psvita.  I think you should give an example of a multiplayer game that support multiplayer.  people are saying you need the online pass just to link up online?  I HOPE NOT!

In case you didn't read, i said ModNation Racers PSP. Not PS Vita.

And I did test it out. The entitlement even says in the description "This entitlement is for those who bought the game used" Or something to that respect.

I have the downloaded version of ModNation Racers PSP on my PSP 3000. I did NOT download the entitlement, and I can play online.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Physical games will always be better than digital games.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 22 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 11, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

Physical games will always be better than digital games.

My Game Library: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Infamous 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Blur, Sports Champions. PSN: ScreamAimFire999

Unless they icnrease the digital discount price of the games and bump down the memory card costs this will hold true for now. Although I would enjoy the convinience of having everything in one spot without having to swap out cards.

Message 23 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 11, 2012

At least with physical games you don't have to waste time downloading them, they don't take up your memory, you can trade them in if you don't need them and they won't get lost if anything happens to your system.

That's why I say physical games will always be better than digital games. Always.

Message 24 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12614 posts

Feb 11, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

At least with physical games you don't have to waste time downloading them, they don't take up your memory, you can trade them in if you don't need them and they won't get lost if anything happens to your system.

That's why I say physical games will always be better than digital games. Always.

My Game Library: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Infamous 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Blur, Sports Champions. PSN: ScreamAimFire999

+1.

For example, to those who will only be downloading digital games:

Digital Only person, at midnight release: Hurray! Got my Vita. Loading up....okay. All settings set. Connecting to Wifi, opening the PS Store, adding my funds, time to download Uncharted! Download time: 15minutes-2 hours (depending on internet speed, unless you have miraculous speeds that are shorter than this for a 3.5GB game over WIFI)

Physical Copy: Same thing! Only, pop in game and I'm done! (couple months later). hmm, I haven't played Uncharted in awhile, I should sell it back. $20 profit! (or at least credit towards yet another Vita game).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Exactly. Thank you. Even on my PS3, I conserve my memory. I believe that it's smarter to only use your memory for game demos and PSN exclusives. The discount for digital games on the Playstation Store for Vita just isn't enough to justify your precious memory card space.

Message 26 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 11, 2012

There is no need to test it out. What glaciusx25 said is true.

Message 27 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Teus wrote:

if you buy it on a cartridge you dont need to buy it digitally,

when you buy the cartridge you do not get it digitally.

If you are buying the cartridge/game card you are buying it digitally, how do you think it is stored on the chip? Computer and console games are all digital ( aset of binary ones and zeros stored in a chip or as a file).
Message 28 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Funny...

Message 29 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10347 posts

Feb 12, 2012

pohanlin wrote:

Most of you got it wrong.  If you buy the cartridge it does NOT mean you don't need to buy digitally.  For example, if you bought the cartridge from a friend, you would need to buy a digital download to play it (something called an online pass).  They want to reduce second-hand used game sales.  So that means the game will be locked to a PSVita.  That is until someone figures out a way to undo this protection.

not all games require a online pass ... and when it does its only $10

>

Message 30 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes