Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2012
By: DARKADVEZARI Lombax Warrior 173 posts

Question DIGITAL Vs. CARTRIDGE Games????

45 replies 1301 views Edited Jan 25, 2012

If you buy a Vita game as a cartridge, do you have to pay to download it digitally to your Vita memory card?

At first I was going to stick with a 4GB memory card, and buy a bunch of cartridge games. But now I sorta see the advantage to holding off on a couple games for A 16GB memory card.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Question DIGITAL Vs. CARTRIDGE Games????

Jan 25, 2012

DARKADVEZARI wrote:

If you buy a Vita game as a cartridge, do you have to pay to download it digitally to your Vita memory card?

At first I was going to stick with a 4GB memory card, and buy a bunch of cartridge games. But now I sorta see the advantage to holding off on a couple games for A 16GB memory card.

okay you buy a cartriege that is all you get. you buy digitally that is all you get. 

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

DARKADVEZARI wrote:

okay you buy a cartriege that is all you get. you buy digitally that is all you get. 

Can't put it any other way.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9402 posts

Jan 25, 2012

if you buy it on a cartridge you dont need to buy it digitally,

>

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Teus wrote:

if you buy it on a cartridge you dont need to buy it digitally,

>

when you buy the cartridge you do not get it digitally.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Teus did not mean it that way. He was just saying, if you buy the actualy pyshical game your not needing to buy a digital copy.

@OP - Either copy you buy you do not really own the game, but the rights to play it. However, with none digital copies you do not have to worry about if an account was striped from you. Say your account was deactivated for what ever reason, you would not have access to redownload your games in the future. Then say you lost your account information, you would have to rebuy your games to the new account. (A pyshical game you can swipe ownership so it is said. However, it does have a form of DRM locking to a user). As for DRM each piece of content you download will have an activation limit towards X amount of devices. If you fail to deactivate your devices when switching PS Vitas, or future upgrades you could run into not being able to download a game again.

Not that any of this will happen, it is just a thing to think about when purchasing digital with Sony. As they love the SecuRom form of protection on there goods.

As for downloading it digital after purchased of a retail copy no. It will run directly off the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 26, 2012

I wont be buying much of anything digitally.  I'll buy the actual game and case, and re-sell it when bored.  Buy it digitally, you cannot resell it.  Nuff said.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 26, 2012

I'll get most of my games on card, because the download games take longer to load.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Most of you got it wrong.  If you buy the cartridge it does NOT mean you don't need to buy digitally.  For example, if you bought the cartridge from a friend, you would need to buy a digital download to play it (something called an online pass).  They want to reduce second-hand used game sales.  So that means the game will be locked to a PSVita.  That is until someone figures out a way to undo this protection.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jan 26, 2012

That is not every game currently. That DRM is in effect only on Hot Shot Golf at the moment. It is possible more games adapt this, but it will likely be a select few. Because they had a similar pass for PS3 games that did this same method apparently. Yet it never adapted with every developer. As this is all up to the developer to add or not, like many other features. Passes are suppose to cost like 15USD so I have read.

Edit: Only going off what I have read. Not sure which PS3 game use it. Specially since the last games I bought via PS3 are all offline games. RPG's and such. Infact getting another RPG here soon that has been sitting on pre-order for a while.

Quick Google fixes that. http://gamesilike.com/?page_id=614

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes