Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2013
By: rattlehaed First Son 15 posts

Question About Soul Sacrifice Preorder

[ Edited ]
5 replies 350 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

Since Soul Sacrifice will be releasing soon I was wondering if it is going to be possible to pre-order the game on PSN and still receive all the bonuses (i.e.the 2x Unique Costumes, 3x Magic Items and Japanese VO Pack) that you would get if you preordered a physical copy at a retail store (i.e. ebgames).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Re: Question About Soul Sacrifice Preorder

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013
Game bonuses are typically connected to the retailer you purchase the game from... In fact it isn't unheard of to have different bonus packs from retailer to retailer for the very same game released... So in short, no you won't receive EB's Soul Survival early reservation bonus if you you purchase your game from the PS Store...

The only exception is if you purchase a digital download from EB, I.e. paying EB in full for the digital Soul Sacrifice download which you can do... Then you could get a code for the EB bonus content... This is a question you would have to ask them... In this digital purchase scenario you would pay EB for the game to be downloaded over the PS Store...
Message 2 of 6 (340 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Feb 14, 2013

A lot of people, to ensure they get pre-order bonuses, pre-order EVERYWHERE that give bonuses, then just keep one copy and return the unopened copies of their game (since usually the preorder bonus code is on the receipt)

So you could always guarantee that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 6 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 14, 2013

spudsudz wrote:
Game bonuses are typically connected to the retailer you purchase the game from... In fact it isn't unheard of to have different bonus packs from retailer to retailer for the very same game released... So in short, no you won't receive EB's Soul Survival early reservation bonus if you you purchase your game from the PS Store...

The only exception is if you purchase a digital download from EB, I.e. paying EB in full for the digital Soul Sacrifice download which you can do... Then you could get a code for the EB bonus content... This is a question you would have to ask them... In this digital purchase scenario you would pay EB for the game to be downloaded over the PS Store...

They already confirmed that Soul Sacrifice will NOT have retailer-specific pre-order bonuses. The listed bonuses are available everywhere. The only thing they didn't mention was whether digital copies will have the same bonuses, which is what the OP is asking.

Message 4 of 6 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I had not heard that re: specific to Soul Sacrifice...
Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 14, 2013

spudsudz wrote:
I had not heard that re: specific to Soul Sacrifice...

Check out the reply to comment #10: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/29/soul-sacrifice-out-april-30th-box-art-pre-order-extras-rev...

Also, in that thread, you'll see that #8 asks the same thing as this thread and the reply to that was that they'd have more information for us on it, which I haven't seen posted yet.

Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)
0 Likes