First Son
5 posts

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 27, 2008
Well I just tried forcing Celosia into the lake, and it doesn't appear to work. I only tried it on time attack mode though, so I'll go through and try in the story later.

I also tried getting Celosia to ram the door below the insignia by moving out of the way at the last second, but this also did nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 5,645 (704 Views)
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Jan 27, 2008

Baloonatic wrote:
Well I just tried forcing Celosia into the lake, and it doesn't appear to work. I only tried it on time attack mode though, so I'll go through and try in the story later.

I also tried getting Celosia to ram the door below the insignia by moving out of the way at the last second, but this also did nothing.

Darn! Thanks for trying.
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 27, 2008
The altar in Celosia place has like a opening toward the top of it. It is small but it looks as if there is some passageway behind it. Before going down into Celosia's pit. If you stand a distance away on the birdge structure and look down there is like a canvas that I think leads to where the altar is. When you go to the altar its closed off? Has anyone tried using the cloth a gliding down there?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Jan 27, 2008
Well There is no reason to post pictures, because i went back to the secret garden and realsied that theres nothing special about that wall. as a matter of fact i dont think theres nothing special about the secret garden either. I think the secret garden was just meant to be the start of the " Quest For the secret" I think that the secret is in the middle of the cross " or the renosonse point. its just so confusing.

Does anyone no if you can do anything else with the stick beside just lighting it on fire. there has to be something else, it can do.
~The SOTC Secret Seeker's~
~SOTC Ringleader's Assistant~

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Jan 27, 2008

dude63 wrote:
The altar in Celosia place has like a opening toward the top of it. It is small but it looks as if there is some passageway behind it. Before going down into Celosia's pit. If you stand a distance away on the birdge structure and look down there is like a canvas that I think leads to where the altar is. When you go to the altar its closed off? Has anyone tried using the cloth a gliding down there?

Which number is Celosia. Im still learning names. someone needs to post pictures of all the Collisus and name them.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 27, 2008
Number 11.

This place has quite a lot of information on it, in the second thread http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=924364&

1). The Minotaur "Valus"
2). Taurus Major "Quadratus"
3). Earth Knight "Gaius"
4). Equus Prime "Phaedra"
5). Delta Phoenix "Avion"
6). The Goliath "Barba"
7). Sea Dragon "Hydrus"
8). Wall Shadow "Kuromori"
9). Storm Echo "Basaran"
10). Sand Tiger "Dirge"
11). Flame Guardian "Celosia"
12). Great Basilisk "Pelagia"
13). Trail Drifter "Phalanx"
14). Destruction Luster "Cenobia"
15). The Sentinel "Argus"
16). Grand Gigas "Malus"

Message Edited by Baloonatic on 01-27-2008 11:15 AM

Message Edited by Baloonatic on 01-27-2008 11:16 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Jan 27, 2008

I hate to to be the bringer of bad news but I just confirmed that when shining the Queens Sword, Sword Of Sun, And the regualar sword in the Secret Garden they all make the Secret Garden go dark. Also even outside the garden, while shining the swords, the surrounding area gets darker.
So there is nothing special about that, well thats one less mystery at least.

Also while Fighting number 4 (avion i think thats the name, The one with the beard is the one im talking about) Has anyone been able to go inside the hole that The bearded Cololsus makes when it comes out to fight you. I have tryed but i didnt suceed, also i tryed going back after i fought him but the big hole/cave was not there anymore, it was covered up again. Wierd huh?

Message Edited by midsize-D on 01-27-2008 12:54 PM

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jan 27, 2008
Krumes said......"Whats a cornish folktale got to with a japanese made game"

You could quite as easily say, what's The Tower of Babel got to do with a Japanese made game, no?
(It was the inspiration for the main tower).

I was saying that for Colossus and possibly Ico, Team Ico mixed up mythologies from all over the world, Greek, Chinese, you name it. Why not look further afield for your next game? Or choose less well known mythologies? Or possibly invent them?

In fact, one of the stories I sent a link to (The uninteresting Cornish ones) has become even more interesting after reading Dormin's hint for Celosia.

He says...
"Thy next foe is... An altar overlooks the lake... A guardian set loose... It
keeps the flames alive."

In one of those Robert Hunt stories, it mentions if you walk down a narrow path at low tide, there is a key to opening a door. There is no way you could describe the pool at Celosia's lair as a lake, but it could have once been.

Read the stories on here and tell me they don't relate......please!

http://www.gandolf.com/cornwall/giants/giants_st_michael.shtml

(The above is apparently from the original site the Ice-giant ads came from for the Colossus adverts). Someone posted this site (more or less) on page 2.

Sageapple, cheers for trying The Queens sword. Appreciated.

Message Edited by superyorda on 01-27-2008 01:00 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Jan 27, 2008

superyorda wrote:

You could quite as easily say, what's The Tower of Babel got to do with a Japanese made game, no?

I was saying that for Colossus and possibly Ico, Team Ico mixed up mythologies from all over the world, Greek, Chinese, you name it. Why not look further afield for your next game? Or choose less well known mythologies? Or possibly invent them?

In fact, one of the stories I sent a link to (The uninteresting Cornish ones) has become even more interesting after reading Dormin's hint for Celosia.

He says...
keeps the flames alive."

In one of those Robert Hunt stories, it mentions if you walk down a narrow path at low tide, there is a key to opening a door. There is no way you could describe the pool at Celosia's lair as a lake, but it could have once been.

(The above is apparently from the original site the Ice-giant ads came from for the Colossus adverts). Someone posted this site (more or less) on page 2.

So do you think there is something in that lake/water in front of Celosia's Lair ??
Wow good Connection, because there is a door in Celosia's Lair That needs to be open and it just so happens that in this story it metions something in the lake.

But how can You be sure that these Cornish Storys are related to Shadow Of Colossus

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Jan 27, 2008

superyorda wrote:

He says...
keeps the flames alive."

Door? Key? Suspicions be confirmed?... I do think that the Queen's Sword does open some door or other, It has to, just like it did in Ico. Has anyone ever seen those pillar statue things from Ico in SotC???... I would also like to point out, once again, the interview with Viper... He hinted at the parachute being used to reach somthing that had to do with the BIg Secret... Perhaps someone could drop down onto the platform with the dor???
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 5,645 (704 Views)
0 Likes