Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/25/2007
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 17, 2008


FaLLinG wrote:
 
Why do you always have to be so rude, GUND4M????


 
.... He wasn't being rude; he was telling you to stop whining. And y'know, I agree with him. But anyway. The idea that the SoW could be the point of origin is kinda nullified by the idea that the blocks actually do form a cross, with the SoW being the bottom (south) point. The idea is further reinforced by the fact that there's a big honkin' door in Celosia's temple (the center of the cross) that hasn't been opened yet.
 
Now, the blocks. At first, I thought someone had just stuck a mirror right in the center (at an angle), but the Desert Fortress block says otherwise. I made a rough sketch of it in paint, and it definitely seems to have some sort of symbolic meaning. Maybe someone should look up ancient / Hebrew / Greek symbols/? The SoW block is cleared up, if nothing else, and now forms a single, very obvious symbol.
 
I still think that the Last Big Secret is going to be something absolutely amazing. The Door, the symbol atop the temple along with the purple door o' frustrations stuck in the side... y'know, there seem to be a LOT of closed doors in this game that are proving very difficult to get to / open. Has anyone else noticed this?
 
 
The new version of the Entrance (Northernmost) block:
 



Message Edited by Ascadia on 01-17-2008 05:01 AM

Message Edited by Ascadia on 01-17-2008 05:02 AM
Message 50 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/08/2007
Offline
177 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 17, 2008

FaLLinG wrote:
 
Why do you always have to be so rude, GUND4M????


 
.... He wasn't being rude; he was telling you to stop whining. And y'know, I agree with him. But anyway. The idea that the SoW could be the point of origin is kinda nullified by the idea that the blocks actually do form a cross, with the SoW being the bottom (south) point. The idea is further reinforced by the fact that there's a big honkin' door in Celosia's temple (the center of the cross) that hasn't been opened yet.
 
Now, the blocks. At first, I thought someone had just stuck a mirror right in the center (at an angle), but the Desert Fortress block says otherwise. I made a rough sketch of it in paint, and it definitely seems to have some sort of symbolic meaning. Maybe someone should look up ancient / Hebrew / Greek symbols/? The SoW block is cleared up, if nothing else, and now forms a single, very obvious symbol.
 
I still think that the Last Big Secret is going to be something absolutely amazing. The Door, the symbol atop the temple along with the purple door o' frustrations stuck in the side... y'know, there seem to be a LOT of closed doors in this game that are proving very difficult to get to / open. Has anyone else noticed this?
 
 
The new version of the Entrance (Northernmost) block:
 
 

 
If he wasn't, what he is doing then?
oh well, back to the topic.
 
do someone already saw 'the last big secret?'
I mean, if it exists, it has to be some kind of photo, right?
Message 51 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/12/2008
Offline
69 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 17, 2008
Please someone post the pictures of the blocks at the 16th arena
Im ot enough computer smart and I dont have the equepment to take or make pictures and post them

Message Edited by KRUMES on 01-17-2008 07:51 AM
working for a ps3
Message 52 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/06/2007
Offline
658 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 19, 2008
i still support the idea that you can shine the sword onto the sunken in blocks on the tower on different colossi to unlock something.
Message 53 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/21/2007
Offline
1003 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 19, 2008
The sword seems like such an important aspect of the game. So I can't see why it wouldn't be used to unlock somthing or other...
Message 54 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/19/2006
Offline
262 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 20, 2008


KRUMES wrote:
Please someone post the pictures of the blocks at the 16th arena
Im ot enough computer smart and I dont have the equepment to take or make pictures and post them

Message Edited by KRUMES on 01-17-2008 07:51 AM

These aren't the greatest pics but they're better than nothing I guess.  I think there are just 4 blocks.





I also thought it might be good to add a picture of the blue medallion in Barba's Temple, which can also be found outside on the big toppled pedestal.






Message Edited by sageapple on 01-20-2008 01:01 PM
Message 55 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/19/2006
Offline
262 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 20, 2008
Final Block:



Just want to explain why I think this represents the platform in Hydrus's lake.  I'm talking about this platform:




It's a 12 sided platform with 2 extensions jutting out from it, (A) at the very top and (B) a couple of rotations down on the spiral.  Below is a drawing of the top of the platform:



The image on the stone block also has 12 sides and extensions coming out at the same 120 degree angle as the platform.  You also see on the block 2 circular extensions.  I think these are suppose to be the round parts of the bridge you come in on and the bridge down in the water.



I suppose the biggest problem with this idea is the missing extensions.  There are 3 possible explanations for this:

1-The block does not represent this area-  noooooo!

2-The missing extensions are under water.  Unlikely.

3-There are only 2 extensions.  Four are shown on the stone block to convey the notion that the platform is a rotating platform. This explains why the platform is turned the way it is.


If you look around the lake you will see several tall pointy spires, some even in the water.  These are perfect for attracting lightning.  Emon refers to this when he talks about sky and light.  I think that the rotating platform is a way of redirecting this electric energy to different parts of the land.  It's a way of measuring direction fairly accurately.  I'm not sure if there is anything significant in the 120 degree angle.  I'll have to look into that.



Message Edited by sageapple on 01-20-2008 02:15 PM
Message 56 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/21/2007
Offline
1003 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 20, 2008
The circular platforms don't match up with the outcroppings, despite the fact that they are 120 degrees apart... It's just doesn't look right, mabey this tile is referring to a different location... Some1 should go check out #16, cuz I still think that the block is an arial view of that colossus...
Message 57 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2006
Offline
251 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 21, 2008
I know this seems kind of silly, but has anyone tried doing all things they've previously tried on their 16th playthrough?

(to be a) n00b: to exist in a state of naivety or unknowing.

Status: Currently Ill and bedridden, internet time restricted. Waiting for the fun to start....

It won't
Message 58 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/21/2007
Offline
1003 posts
 

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret - Recap

Jan 21, 2008
I doubt Ueda would be that sadistic to us loyal fans...

Snoozy wrote:
I know this seems kind of silly, but has anyone tried doing all things they've previously tried on their 16th playthrough?




Message 59 of 5,663 (1,463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes