Jan 19 2013
By: excalibur6834 Splicer 80 posts

QUESTION About PSN Games -- Please help

[ Edited ]
3 replies 155 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I've noticed on some PSN game downloads that there is a disclaimer stating that the games have been altered somewhat from their original states and some or most of the features from the original games may not work on the downloadable versions of the games. I've noticed this especially on downloadable versions of Playstation 1 or 2 classic games. So, my question is: Are the downloadable versions of the games really that different from the actual copies of the games that you can buy in stores or on the internet?

In particular, I'm wondering about these games:

-War of the Monsters  (PS2 classic)

-Missile Command (PS1)

-MediEvil  (PS1)

-Pong  (PS1)

-Hasbro Family Game Night 3

For example:

1)  Are the graphics different, worse, or better than the originals or the same?

2) Are the 2-player options gone in these new versions?

3) Can you save your game progress?

4) If the 2-player option still works, can you use 2 controllers or do you have to share 1 controller?

I'm thinking about buying and downloading some or all of these with a recent $50 credit that I received, but those disclaimers are making me hesitate. I've looked on ebay and Amazon for the physical original versions of these games that I could play on my old PS2, but most of them are really high-priced for "new" condition games (I don't want used games).

If anyone knows, please reply. Thanks.

-Mike

Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Re: QUESTION About PSN Games -- Please help

Jan 19, 2013

I really wouldn't worry too much, as you've noticed this statement is made with games that have previously only been avaialable to the PS1/2 & are now available for the PS3 & as such they have been 'altered' slightly to make them work on the PS3 from their original formats of PS1/2, the games will work just fine.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Well, I hope you're right. Some of these say that the multiplayer, trophies, or other features won't be on the games or may not work right. I even saw one guy say that he couldn't save his game (don't remember which game that was).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll probably try one or two games and see how it goes.

-Mike

Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Jan 24, 2013

excalibur6834 wrote:

Well, I hope you're right. Some of these say that the multiplayer, trophies, or other features won't be on the games or may not work right. I even saw one guy say that he couldn't save his game (don't remember which game that was).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll probably try one or two games and see how it goes.

-Mike

Some PS2 ports have trophy support, the games description will say if trophy support is there or not, multiplayer too, if it's available it wil say so, it is true that not all PS2 ports have trophy support & multiplayer so check first of you can to save being disappointed, my original response to you was about the general game play only, not MP.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes