Jun 13 2011
By: goofy102331 Hekseville Citizen 358 posts

Q and A about the brand new PlayStation Vita! The newest PS yet! Please, leave your comments, answers and questions about the PS Vita right here.

9 replies 49 views Edited Jun 13, 2011

Q: Does the Vita have a UMD in it, or do you download the games, like the Go?

Message 4 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Q and A about the brand new PlayStation Vita!

Jun 13, 2011

Well, it doesn't have a UMD Drive in it.  I'm sure we will be able to download games, as that seems to be the trend.

They are also releasing a new type of memory card that will hold the games that you purchase in retail stores and such.

Message 1 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 13, 2011

That's what I figured it will be like. It is a new, more advanced PS by the way everybody describes it, including the PS Blog.

Message 2 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Q: Will there be texting, or phone calls on the Vita? It is powered by AT&T, so I was thinking it could be. Maybe it will have Skype like the Go does.

Message 3 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: Q and A about the brand new PlayStation Vita! The newest PS yet! Please, leave your comments, answers and questions about the PS Vita right here.

Jun 13, 2011

Moved to PS Vita section.

Please wait for someone to reply to the thread before replying to yourself.  Thanks.

-SP

Message 5 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 13, 2011

goofy102331 wrote:

Q: Will there be texting, or phone calls on the Vita? It is powered by AT&T, so I was thinking it could be. Maybe it will have Skype like the Go does.

You cannot use the Vita as a Cell phone, although it will support voice chat.

Now that Microsoft owns Skype, I doubt that the Vita will support it. But stranger things have happened...

Message 6 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Think of the 3G version as merely having the ability to be connected even when you're away from a WiFi hotspot; they have stated that this will not in any way be a phone. If you want a phone and a gaming system I'm sure they would direct you to their sister product the Xperia Play.

@Logical_Dolphin

True, look at the PSP they supported ".wav" files; plus, MS does come off as being elietest, like some companies (who thought they could buy out Sony).

My Questions:

Q: What is the battery life of this device? Both max settings and Optimal Settings.

Q: What is the clock speed of the CPU and GPU?

Q: What is the quality of the front and rear cameras?

Q: What is the actual release date of the device?

Q: Is the port on the bottom backwards compatible with the PSPgo's? They look very similar.

Q: What are the prices of the new media card format?

Q: Will the Vita be packed with a memory card in-box?

Message 7 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jun 13, 2011

dcoke wrote:

Think of the 3G version as merely having the ability to be connected even when you're away from a WiFi hotspot; they have stated that this will not in any way be a phone. If you want a phone and a gaming system I'm sure they would direct you to their sister product the Xperia Play.

@Logical_Dolphin

True, look at the PSP they supported ".wav" files; plus, MS does come off as being elietest, like some companies (who thought they could buy out Sony).

My Questions:

1: What is the battery life of this device? Both max settings and Optimal Settings.

2: What is the clock speed of the CPU and GPU?

3: What is the quality of the front and rear cameras?

4: What is the actual release date of the device?

5: Is the port on the bottom backwards compatible with the PSPgo's? They look very similar.

6: What are the prices of the new media card format?

7: Will the Vita be packed with a memory card in-box?

1. The true battery life hasn't had any final details, but apparently with standard play it has about 4-5 hours, probably about 6-7 with low settings.  That's about all I know.

2. The CPU is clocked at approximately 1 GHz and the GPU is clocked at approximately 200 MHz.

3. I believe both the front and rear cameras are of VGA quality, although they do support face and head detection.

4. The final release date hasn't been announced, although I would expect November or December.

5. No, it's different.

6. The final price hasn't been given, but GameStop has games listed for pre-order at $39.99.

7. Sony hasn't said anything about that, but it would be nice if we got at least like a 1 GB in box.

Hope I helped.

Message 8 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Most of those match my predictions; as for the Memory Card questions, I was reffering to the new memory card format not the Game cards. I saw that on GameStop's website that the games were selling at ~ $40 a game.

Message 9 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

Dec 20, 2011

Hi guys just bought a Vita in Tokyo Friday 17th so let me know if you have specific questions.

BTW, am writing a blog about it , will let you know link when published.

hope it helps

Greg

Message 10 of 10 (49 Views)
0 Likes