Apr 13 2012
By: gusi78a First Son 13 posts

Push the Vita past the limit. List of things the Vita should be able to do!

11 replies 562 views Edited Apr 13, 2012

The Ps Vita is capable of so much, but it was given limitations to what it can do. The Ps Vita may be a good handheld system,  but if there were less limitations it would be the best hanheld for a long time! Here are things that should be added:

YouTube -Why isn't this one of the first things it comes with? If I was at starbucks with my Vita what if i wanted to watch keyboard cat to have a good laugh? Just about every handheld device has youtube now, but Sony can't make an expensive device have it? Really Sony what kinda move was that?

Multiple accounts -This is something the PS3 has that should have been on the PS Vita. This was the number one thing I was looking for when I turned on my Vita. Why not? Is Sony scared we might gameshare on the Vita too? The rule is already set only 2 activated systems per account. Whats so wrong about letting us share the Vita with our family? I don't always want to log out just to protect my personal messages. I don't want people in my family to read messages that were sent specifically to me.

Upgraded Remote Play -Ok, so Sony was lazy on this one. Sony just said oh ok well just add remote play as a regular psp. Really? The PSP graphics compared to the Vita suck and I realized that when i got the Vita. I don't want to play PS1 games in crappy PSP quality when it could be like the PS3. How am i supposed to play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot like that? The size of the game is bad too. Why can't we play PS1 games in full screen? The reason is because it wasnt added for PSP Remote Share that was customized for the Vita. They need to make a seperate PS Vita Remote Share to show off what the PS Vita can do. The PS Vita was proven to play PS2 and PS3 games on a jailbroken PS3. The PS Vita should be able to see what ever the PS3 can see. I'm pretty sure the PS Vita and PS3 can handle that. All the PS Vita is doing is showing the game not playing it. All the PS3 is doing is playing the game and showing it on a different screen.

PS1, PS2, and PS3 game compatability. -The PS Vita is capable of playing PS1 games without the PS3 and we all know it. If the PSP can do it, so can the Vita. I belive the Vita might be able to play PS2 games, or at least some of them. I don't have much to say about it, just that i want to see some kind of testing on that subject. When i say PS3 games I don't neccasarily mean Uncharted, Little Big Planet, MW3, BF3, etc. I mean like Super Stardust HD and Fat Princess. Sony did a fast move remaking Super Stardust for the Vita to get more money. What if i want to play the one i got for free when psn went down? We all deserve to play that game on the Vita. Don't tell me that a Vita can't play a game that was remade almost similar to the original.

Extended PSP game list -I would love to replay games that I had for the PSP on the Vita. Why don't they have the rest of the good games? I want to play GTA, Ratchet and clank, and Fat Princess Fistfull of Cake! Im sure we all would. I don't have much to say since they already made it possible to play PSP games. Also since they already have some good games to play.

Message 1 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13595 posts

Re: Push the Vita past the limit. List of things the Vita should be able to do!

Apr 13, 2012

gusi78a wrote:

The Ps Vita is capable of so much, but it was given limitations to what it can do. The Ps Vita may be a good handheld system,  but if there were less limitations it would be the best hanheld for a long time! Here are things that should be added:

YouTube -Why isn't this one of the first things it comes with? If I was at starbucks with my Vita what if i wanted to watch keyboard cat to have a good laugh? Just about every handheld device has youtube now, but Sony can't make an expensive device have it? Really Sony what kinda move was that?

It's a dedicated gaming handheld, not a multimedia device. It just happens to have some features as extras. Whether or not it will get YouTube support is yet to be seen but be honest- HOW OFTEN ARE YOU GONNA WATCH YOUTUBE vs PLAYING A GAME ON YOUR VITA?

Multiple accounts -This is something the PS3 has that should have been on the PS Vita. This was the number one thing I was looking for when I turned on my Vita. Why not? Is Sony scared we might gameshare on the Vita too? The rule is already set only 2 activated systems per account. Whats so wrong about letting us share the Vita with our family? I don't always want to log out just to protect my personal messages. I don't want people in my family to read messages that were sent specifically to me.

It was to prevent piracy and gamesharing. And, it's business. Why let the whole family use one Vita? Make them all buy their own.

Upgraded Remote Play -Ok, so Sony was lazy on this one. Sony just said oh ok well just add remote play as a regular psp. Really? The PSP graphics compared to the Vita suck and I realized that when i got the Vita. I don't want to play PS1 games in crappy PSP quality when it could be like the PS3. How am i supposed to play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot like that? The size of the game is bad too. Why can't we play PS1 games in full screen? The reason is because it wasnt added for PSP Remote Share that was customized for the Vita. They need to make a seperate PS Vita Remote Share to show off what the PS Vita can do. The PS Vita was proven to play PS2 and PS3 games on a jailbroken PS3. The PS Vita should be able to see what ever the PS3 can see. I'm pretty sure the PS Vita and PS3 can handle that. All the PS Vita is doing is showing the game not playing it. All the PS3 is doing is playing the game and showing it on a different screen.

Again, The Remote Play of PS3 games was a nice demo of what the Vita is CAPABLE OF. That does NOT mean they ever promised that the PS Vita would be able to use this function the way they showed it. That doesn't mean it's never coming, it's just that if it didn't come, that's no surprise.

PS1, PS2, and PS3 game compatability. -The PS Vita is capable of playing PS1 games without the PS3 and we all know it. If the PSP can do it, so can the Vita. I belive the Vita might be able to play PS2 games, or at least some of them. I don't have much to say about it, just that i want to see some kind of testing on that subject. When i say PS3 games I don't neccasarily mean Uncharted, Little Big Planet, MW3, BF3, etc. I mean like Super Stardust HD and Fat Princess. Sony did a fast move remaking Super Stardust for the Vita to get more money. What if i want to play the one i got for free when psn went down? We all deserve to play that game on the Vita. Don't tell me that a Vita can't play a game that was remade almost similar to the original.

Extended PSP game list -I would love to replay games that I had for the PSP on the Vita. Why don't they have the rest of the good games? I want to play GTA, Ratchet and clank, and Fat Princess Fistfull of Cake! Im sure we all would. I don't have much to say since they already made it possible to play PSP games. Also since they already have some good games to play.

PS1, sure. PS2, maybe. PS3? Not a chance. They're not gonna bypass the chance to make people pay more. Look at UvC3. They made a complete PORT of the PS3 version and made people buy the Vita version. Once again, it's BUSINESS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Apr 13, 2012
Message 3 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Apr 13, 2012

How about being able to play your own freaking music while playing PSP/PSN Minis.... seriously, it's so simple to ask for.... theres no harm done on either side -_____-

EDIT: Oh and PLEASE don't come at me with that "Well Sony wants you to only hear the game's soundtrack to encourage you to buy it, hurr durrrr." Yeah, no. No harm at all. I hope they push this through.

Message 4 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Ports.... just more ports, that's all I'm asking from Sony at this moment... all these youtube and skype issues? I can be patient with them for awhile but please, Sony more ports.

JamTVXQ Trophy Card
Message 5 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 13, 2012

No! No more ports. I want new games. I didn't buy a new system to play old games. Who does that?  Besides, I have yet to find a game so great that I wanted to play it on ps, ps2, ps3, psp, and again on ps vita. And adding "HD Collection" to a port does not make it a new game.

Message 6 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Apr 13, 2012

While I agree with you on wanting new games, I actually do also play old games on new systems. Sometimes they come with enhancements or extra features, and even if it's exactly the same, sometimes I like to revisit an old game I have fond memories of playing, but it's been so long since I played it, the experience is somewhat fresh to me again.

As far as finding a game you want to play on multiple consoles, personally - I have played Resident Evil 4 on a number of consoles, multiple times per system. I would still love to play it again, especially on the Vita, and be able to take it with me wherever I go. Especially if they could add some Vita specific controls or new features. For me, it's just one of those games I can play through again and again, and even though I know everything that's coming, I just love the atmosphere and experience of going through it, and the nostalgia. Same thing with Silent Hill 2 - I would love to play that on my Vita, even though I played it quite a bit already on PS2.

My point being, like you - I also want to see as many new games for the Vita come out as possible, and as quickly as possible, but there are probably a lot of old titles like I'm talking about that still have a big draw to many of us, and playing them on a new (and especially portable system) that looks and feels as nice as the Vita does would still really breathe new life into some old time favorites for those of us who like to go back and revisit great times from our past once in a while. Not to mention, there still are people who have never played some of the classics from past systems, and ports give them a chance to try them out as well if they don't have older systems or copies of those games just laying around.

Message 7 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I was just stating ideas for the Ps Vita. They don't have to come true, but It would make the players way happier! Also i meant PS3, not the disc type games, but the downloaded ones. Like Fat Princess or Super Strdust HD. Even if we can't play them shouldn't we at least be able to play them through remote play?

Message 8 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I agree with you. Even I have yet to play some PS1 and PS2 games. I would love to experience playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night or Crash Twinsanity since I never got to play those without an emulator. Also why can't the PS3 slim play PS2 games? I was disapointed when I found that out after the purchase of my PS3.

Message 9 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Thanks! I tried my best to make it sound good without taking forever.

Message 10 of 12 (562 Views)
0 Likes