I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: PurchasingPlus today, what should I download?

Dec 17, 2010

Two quick suggestions.  First, after subscribing to Plus, select the Plus content option on PSN, and download everything that is free.  I am not sure if there is currently any DLC on offer, but I suggest downloading all DLC and ad-ons, even for games you do not have, because at some point in the future Sony may offer the full game at a discount or even for free.  Second, head over to the official blog, and search for Plus.  That should give you all the relevant posts for the current December offerings as well as the next release on Dec 21.

To the Sam and Max "rip off" poster, the games downloaded fine for many Plus subscribers (myself included).  Sony has stated several times that they are trying to fix the problem; Sony is not trying to rip anyone off, pull a fast one, or any other such contrived plan to completely **bleep** over Plus subscribers that expect to play Sam and Max.

Message 11 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 18, 2010

I also signed up for Plus today.  But realized after I went to download the one of the games that you have to stay a plus member to play it later on to?  Is this for real?  I mean, it sure looks real, but seems.... very... unreal? right?

Message 12 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1941 posts

Dec 18, 2010

saccosrig wrote:

I also signed up for Plus today.  But realized after I went to download the one of the games that you have to stay a plus member to play it later on to?  Is this for real?  I mean, it sure looks real, but seems.... very... unreal? right?

Yes, the games expire when your subscription expires.  It's been spelled out numerous times in blog posts and on the forums.  However, if you let your suscription lapse then pick it back up all your previous content will reactivate as well.

Message 13 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been busy downloading all the free content, purchased Dead Nation and several other games. Looking forward to Battlefield 1943 as well and hoping many others will purchase that.

DC Online took overnight to download but man it is pretty huge. Sort of like Grand Theft auto with superheroes!

I am glad I joined this month as the free items are definitely keepers!

Message 14 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
530 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Download everything free ... you can never go wrong with free

photo 63a56823-df24-49e3-aa09-6e7340b5ff8a_zpsecaw8cqx.jpg
Message 15 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes