Apr 11 2011
By: kratos1984 Hekseville Citizen 295 posts
Accepted Solution

Purchasing DLC For Free Games=Keep?

7 replies 906 views Edited Apr 11, 2011

not sure if this is the case, but i think if anyone buys dlc for a game that was free for ps+ member we get to keep the full game even if our subscription ends. because i bought the new dlc for "stacking" and under "information" the expiration date is gone. can anyone who has stacking but didn't purchase the dlc check to see if it has the expiration date on it, don't remember if it did before the dlc?

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/kratos1984/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/kratos1984.png[/img][/url]
Message 1 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4799 posts

Re: Purchasing DLC For Free Games=Keep?

Apr 11, 2011

Sometimes I've had my expiry date vanish but then show up later. I don't think DLC means we get to keep the game or they would've posted about it.

Message 2 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Apr 11, 2011

I'll ask around on my end about this, but soooommmmmmething tells me that if you're PS Plus sub expires; the game will lock out and it'll make the DLC unable to link up to it. But hey you never know! lol I'll check and let you know.

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 3 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Apr 11, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

I'll ask around on my end about this, but soooommmmmmething tells me that if you're PS Plus sub expires; the game will lock out and it'll make the DLC unable to link up to it. But hey you never know! lol I'll check and let you know.

Wow.  A sony rep actually communicating with the PlayStation community.  I am genuinely shocked.  Are you a part of SNEA?  If so, I hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

Message 4 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Apr 11, 2011

kratos1984 wrote:

not sure if this is the case, but i think if anyone buys dlc for a game that was free for ps+ member we get to keep the full game even if our subscription ends. because i bought the new dlc for "stacking" and under "information" the expiration date is gone. can anyone who has stacking but didn't purchase the dlc check to see if it has the expiration date on it, don't remember if it did before the dlc?

kratos1984 Trophy Card

you're able check the expiration date using qriocity...and i don't think you are able to keep the game even if you buy the DLC...the content is not the same, you are getting what you're paying for and nothing more...sometimes the expiration date disappears from your ps3...it's easier to check the real date using qriocity

Message 5 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4176 posts

Apr 11, 2011

kratos1984 wrote:

kratos1984 Trophy Card

you don't get to keep the game, but the DLC is yours to keep.

Message 6 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Apr 11, 2011

I'm with SCEA, but work closely with the group at SNEA; so essentially, while I don't have all the answers, I'll go and knock on the doors of the people that do and hopefully good things will come of it!

@morganharo

Message 7 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Apr 12, 2011

Yep, so don't go removing your PS Plus account in hopes that you'll still be able to access the DLC; unelss you're prepared to purchase the core game. Of course, you would not have to re-purchase the DLC, that's yours.

@morganharo

Message 8 of 8 (906 Views)
0 Likes