Oct 08 2012
By: RodSquad1167 Sackboy 443 posts

Purchased the 250Gb Drakes 3 bundle today

6 replies 179 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Been without a PS3 for almost 5 months.  Bought the new bundel for 269 (295 with tax) today.

It has hard reset on me twice after exiting PSN games.

Install speed of downloaded games is not even funny.  PAIN is about 52% after more than an hour of installing.  This defies explanation.

Heat is not better in my opinion.  This smaller box is running hot trying to install a goofy PSN game from 2008.

The top loading disc tray does not feel sturdy.  

If I don't see this sing and dance really soon, I think I'm gonna return it and buy the last-gen 160Gb slim for 249.  There is something not right with this newest model.

Message 1 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
443 posts

Re: Purchased the 250Gb Drakes 3 bundle today

Oct 8, 2012

And FOR THE LOVE of GOD, please let me delete useless demos and Rock Band songs from my Download List.  

Demos shouldn't even be showing up here, and my Rock Band days are over.  You can keep the $750 I paid in songs, just let me get rid of them.

Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

RodSquad1167 wrote:

And FOR THE LOVE of GOD, please let me delete useless demos and Rock Band songs from my Download List.  

Demos shouldn't even be showing up here, and my Rock Band days are over.  You can keep the $750 I paid in songs, just let me get rid of them.

the purchase/download history is a permanent record...... as is the same with just about every online store

What makes you think that the 3000 model is going to be any better than the 4000 model?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 7 (163 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

Oct 8, 2012

RodSquad1167 wrote:

Been without a PS3 for almost 5 months.  Bought the new bundel for 269 (295 with tax) today.

It has hard reset on me twice after exiting PSN games.

Install speed of downloaded games is not even funny.  PAIN is about 52% after more than an hour of installing.  This defies explanation.

Heat is not better in my opinion.  This smaller box is running hot trying to install a goofy PSN game from 2008.

The top loading disc tray does not feel sturdy.  

If I don't see this sing and dance really soon, I think I'm gonna return it and buy the last-gen 160Gb slim for 249.  There is something not right with this newest model.

Hmm ive played with a few of my friends super slims they have not experienced any of these problems you might want to reformat and start all over or exchange for another.... you may have just bought a lemon. 

Message 4 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1949 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Patch 4.25 may be the cause it has been causing numerous issues with PSN connectivity

My exp with the super slim

DC Universe Online Downloaded in the same time it did on my old FAT 80GB about 2&half hours

Assassins Creed 1 almost 8GB installed in under a half hour via from the Revelation disc

Only issues was the infamous issue when updating NetFlix where the system resets on you

the fix is to remove the NetFlix app from the XMB including deleting the game data utility file

shut off the system then do a fresh install off the NetFlix app

Photobucket
Princess Robot Bubblegum ( ¯◡◡¯ )
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Shinji-Ex wrote:

Patch 4.25 may be the cause it has been causing numerous issues with PSN connectivity

My exp with the super slim

DC Universe Online Downloaded in the same time it did on my old FAT 80GB about 2&half hours

Assassins Creed 1 almost 8GB installed in under a half hour via from the Revelation disc

Only issues was the infamous issue when updating NetFlix where the system resets on you

the fix is to remove the NetFlix app from the XMB including deleting the game data utility file

shut off the system then do a fresh install off the NetFlix app

Thats not a "fix"..... thats just randomly deleting/installing things...

I have 4.25 and dont have an issue with anything......

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Like others have said, could just be a defective unit. I get downloads as fast as my connection allows, I did change the hard drive on the system, but everything installs faster than the old slim.

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes