Dec 30 2013
By: KaiserIlion First Son 4 posts

Pulse Elite - Sound Issue?

5 replies 1015 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who has the Pulse Elite 7.1 headset could help me out. Earlier this week I went out and get the set and  I immediately used them on my PS3 while playing Mass Effect 3. While I was playing it I noticed that the right earphone is louder than the left one. To test it I simply put the headset on backwards and found that I was hearing the sound louder from the left side now (still the right earpiece) and then tried the set on my computer and iPhone. Still louder from the right earpiece. The VSS works fine but it's still noticable with it on and off. I was just wondering if this is intentional since the microphone is hidden away in the left earpiece or if I simply have a faulty set.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24622 posts

Re: Pulse Elite - Sound Issue?

Dec 30, 2012
Message 2 of 6 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Faulty set. I have had no problems with mine and they work perfectly.

Message 3 of 6 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

FeralSoul wrote:

Faulty set. I have had no problems with mine and they work perfectly.

Only gripe I have with my Pulse Elite is the sidetone is way too low. It works but needs to be fixed a lot of people uncluding myself feel
It's too low. with features like bassimpact and higher volumes i can barely hear myself. I have the sidetone on loud and can barely hear myself especially when these features are set higher. I sense myself yelling a lot. Before I get flamed yes i toggled mute to 2 beeps wich is high sidetone. On-topic i put the 3.5mm jack in but not all the way and only one speaker worked while using it on my Vita. but it seems you are using it without the jack. Hope the OP doesnt have to send it to sony. They want people to pay to box it and ship it to have it fixed. I suggest if it is faulty take it back to retail.

[edit] Sometimes also if the sound is coming from let say your left you will hear it louder on the left in viceverse. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6 (944 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jan 16, 2013

KaiserIlion wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who has the Pulse Elite 7.1 headset could help me out. Earlier this week I went out and get the set and  I immediately used them on my PS3 while playing Mass Effect 3. While I was playing it I noticed that the right earphone is louder than the left one. To test it I simply put the headset on backwards and found that I was hearing the sound louder from the left side now (still the right earpiece) and then tried the set on my computer and iPhone. Still louder from the right earpiece. The VSS works fine but it's still noticable with it on and off. I was just wondering if this is intentional since the microphone is hidden away in the left earpiece or if I simply have a faulty set.

Thanks.

It's the quality of the game. I just checked myself and it does the same similar to my turtle beaches and Pulse. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 21, 2013

Hi there, me too. Same problem same side.

Just bought a pair from Ebay and the exact same issue.  I've tested them on audio from various sources and also directly from audio equipment such as drum machines, samplers etc... and there is definately a difference between the two speakers.  The audio isn't balanced. it's lower in the left for me too.

I then plugged in my Superlux HD662's (much cheaper than the sony's) and they sound much better.  Nice balanced even audio with stereo sound.  Tried the Sony's again and definately a noticeable difference between left and right.  I'm sending them back to the guy I bought them from... they're faulty as far as I'm concerned.

Message 6 of 6 (684 Views)
0 Likes