Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Re: Pulse Elite Headsets will not work with PS4 at Launch

Oct 10, 2013
Good thing I'm waiting. Although it may be possible to just use an external microphone until the patch releases for something like the Astro Mixamp.
Message 11 of 93 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Good thing I'm waiting. Although it may be possible to just use an external microphone until the patch releases for something like the Astro Mixamp.

Any wired 3.5mm headset (mono or stereo, including the one that comes with the PS4) will work with the controller's jack, and can stream both chat and in-game audio. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 12 of 93 (458 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Really crappy deal .... I just got a new bluetooth headset this week for my PS4 Smiley Mad

I don't understand how can the PS4 use bluetooth but, not support bluetooth headsets at all? & why did they not bring this up when they announced the specs for the PS4 unit, controller, camrea, etc ?

Message 13 of 93 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Oct 10, 2013

So does this mean the ps3 wireless stereo headset won't work at launch either ?

Message 14 of 93 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:

Any wired 3.5mm headset (mono or stereo, including the one that comes with the PS4) will work with the controller's jack, and can stream both chat and in-game audio. 

Wait really?? that's awesome if that's true.  I haven't been following a lot of PS4 news lately ( i am getting one though), but that souns sweet.  So my pulse elite is still gonna work I just have to plug it into the controller via 3.5mm cable? The mic just wouldn't work?

Message 15 of 93 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Oct 10, 2013
And I'm assuming that even the Astro Mixamp could work through a 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor jack if ran from the controller to the Xbox 360 port. I guess we will wait and see.
Message 16 of 93 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:

Wait really?? that's awesome if that's true.  I haven't been following a lot of PS4 news lately ( i am getting one though), but that souns sweet.  So my pulse elite is still gonna work I just have to plug it into the controller via 3.5mm cable? The mic just wouldn't work?

YEP!

Source is straight from Yoshida-san:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/30/sonys-shuhei-yoshida-confirms-that-you-can-install-disc-games...

Grindhead_Jim

Message 17 of 93 (422 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 10, 2013

This is really going to hamper my enjoyment of MP games like Killzone Shadow Fall until they patch this. Well at least I still use my Elites for some audio by plugging them into the controller unitl it is fixed. The little earpiace that comes with PS4 is junk.

Message 18 of 93 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:

YEP!

Source is straight from Yoshida-san:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/30/sonys-shuhei-yoshida-confirms-that-you-can-install-disc-games...

That's awesome.

Message 19 of 93 (410 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Oct 11, 2013

That's a shame. I think I might wait to buy a pulse headset until it works on the PS4.

Message 20 of 93 (405 Views)
0 Likes