Platinum
55074 posts

Re: Public Trophies page is Gone!

Mar 21, 2013

Noted.  To be fair, savvy users can just swap out the ID in this URL: http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlineName=PSNID

Remove "PSNID" and type in anyone's ID and oyu get their page.  But I get your point, that should be a functionality. 

I got a little advice from someone for you!

Message 11 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Noted.  To be fair, savvy users can just swap out the ID in this URL: http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlineName=PSNID

Remove "PSNID" and type in anyone's ID and oyu get their page.  But I get your point, that should be a functionality. 

I got a little advice from someone for you!

Ok got it, thnx. It works, but it was was better 3 days ago when there was a search bar, looks like whoever designed the new trophies page messed up. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. 

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 12 of 19 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Sometimes when the trophy page loads I can see the older search for a PSN ID box, then it disappears. FWIW.

The newest way had been for a long search box at the bottom of the  main users trophy page.

All of the functionality of the "old" trophy pages was so much better. It really isn't good at all anymore.

I've given up on my other thread, the promised screen shots, it's just too much junk to try and document. Maybe another day, but not today.

Suffice it all to say that my trophy list, not just mine, but other people's too, not everyone, just some of us, still suffers in being a shorter list than what we acually have, like most other people's displays as. Even so, with that the case, when you CAN compare trophies with another person (which isn't as easy as it used to be) then ALL the trophies for each PSN ID in the comparison are in the list. Never though do mine or some others, show up on our individual public trophy pages. 

Message 13 of 19 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Mar 21, 2013

In the earlier days of the PS Vita our US site didn't integrate Vita trophies, but the UK site did much earlier. Also they were leaps and bounds ahead with how they presented Trophy information and PSN Portable ID's

Then finally the US site integrated PS Vita trophies into the trophy lists. Hurray! Portable ID's still not nice for the US site. Other little features with the trophies updated and all was good for a few months.

Now I am back to the UK site. All my trophies show up there. I also see their stuff is different from the long ago last time I was there. Things are familiar, similar in SOME ways to the current US setup, but so vastly different overall and so many good things can be seen and compared and well, it just makes the US site look like ... 

Message 14 of 19 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Mar 21, 2013
I think other trophy tracking sites do a better job of tracking trophies anyway...
Message 15 of 19 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
I think other trophy tracking sites do a better job of tracking trophies anyway...

yes, but the US site had FINALLY gotten it all so much better a few months ago, now they gone and nerfed it big time to update it's functionality and look, and much detail has been lost in the tranlation.  It's something that is great, other site can do better, but I still want the US site to make it all work nicely anyhow. They just SHOULD!

Message 16 of 19 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Progress! Now PLYMCO_PILGRIM has no trophies, yet ...

Mar 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM has no trophies now. But if I add him to a compare trophies with friends window, he does.

He's more like me now. Which makes me happy. Robot Very Happy

Message 17 of 19 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Re: Progress! Now PLYMCO_PILGRIM has no trophies, yet ...

Mar 22, 2013

Well, now PLYMCO_PILGRIM has a long list of trophies again. FWIW

I just wish this part of this [Trophy/Profile/Friends] change, my Trophy List for Public display, would be sorted out so I could move on ... 

Message 18 of 19 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: Progress! Now PLYMCO_PILGRIM has no trophies, yet ...

Mar 22, 2013

I can still see my Trophies & as well as my Friends Trophies just fine... 

~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 19 of 19 (142 Views)
0 Likes