Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2012
By: RageUnchained First Son 20 posts
Accepted Solution

Psone save refuses to transfer to internal memory card

10 replies 962 views Edited Aug 7, 2012
I've been playing Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain for a while now on my psp, I wanted to transfer my save to a ps3 slim I just bought. I made an internal memory card but when I try to move the save it doesn't work. I pulled up the save and it says 433kb. I was under the impression that the psp had the same size psone internal memory of 120kb maxium as the ps3... please help I've transfered saves from my psp already for FFVII and Starwars Dark forces.... but blood omen wont work.... its a PSP 3000 and a ps3 slim.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (962 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4528 posts

Re: Psone save refuses to transfer to internal memory card

Aug 7, 2012

RageUnchained wrote:
I've been playing Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain for a while now on my psp, I wanted to transfer my save to a ps3 slim I just bought. I made an internal memory card but when I try to move the save it doesn't work. I pulled up the save and it says 433kb. I was under the impression that the psp had the same size psone internal memory of 120kb maxium as the ps3... please help I've transfered saves from my psp already for FFVII and Starwars Dark forces.... but blood omen wont work.... its a PSP 3000 and a ps3 slim.

PS1 Classic saves are in different formats on the PS3/PSP.   You can convert between them though.  The PSP basically makes a memory card for each game, while the PS3 works like a normal PS1 memory card.  

I haven't done it for a while, but I think you have to do the conversion while the PSP is connected and copy from the PSP to the PS3s virtual memory card (or vice versa).  You can also back it up as a PSP-formatted save but then you can't use it on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (956 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 7, 2012
I tried doing That already, it wont transfer from my psp to the ps3's internal memory. I tried using the usb mode I tried using a computer but it just won't work.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (954 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4528 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Does it give you an error or what?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 8, 2012
It just copies it to the ps3 but it wont go into the memory card. It sits there in psp minis Data on my ps3 which makes no sense because I didn't set it as a psp format backup
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (949 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4528 posts

Aug 8, 2012

RageUnchained wrote:
It just copies it to the ps3 but it wont go into the memory card. It sits there in psp minis Data on my ps3 which makes no sense because I didn't set it as a psp format backup

PSP minis???  Well now I really don't know what to tell you.  I just tried it myself (same game) and it works fine.  You have to access the PSP from the memory card utility for it to work on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (947 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 8, 2012
That's what I've been doing.. no luck. I guess I could jus start over but I'm way far in the game
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

Which file are you trying to transfer? There is a saved data in the PSP Saved Data Utility (PSP/Minis) folder under the game menu in the XMB on your PS3, this is represents the memory card your PSP uses, don't transfer that.

Instead go into your memory card utility folder under the game menu on your PS3, if your PSP is in USB mode it should show up. This has all the individual game saves for you PSone Classics from your PSP. Select your save file, press triangle button, choose copy, choose the virtual memory card on your PS3 you want to save it in, (virtual memory cards fill up just like original ones, so if yours is full create a new one), your PS3 should prompt you to covert the file, when you boot up your PSOne Classic on your PS3 make sure that your game is set to the memory card with your save file in it. 

Remember your save is in your "Memory Card Utility" not the "Save Data Utility (PSP/Minis)" folder.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I will try that step by step and get back to you
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (932 Views)
0 Likes
First Son