May 08 2013
By: Turtle3000 First Son 4 posts

Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

68 replies 986 views Edited May 8, 2013

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button. ive seen all the articles and it sounds like bloatware built into the systems firmware and HARDWARE WHY??!? how many hardcore gamers want this... not me and i can find atleast a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations. Sony says its what the developers want.. its not, this is what sony wants (free advertising). and that is why im leaning on the xbox 720 over the Sony Orbis(ps4) this round. plus the rumer of

a universal windows8 the 720 supposedly runs on doesnt help the ps4's bid for my money.

On a side note you would think sony would figure out how to make a decent web browser for the vita after the psp garbage browser but no editing any amount of text is a chore. oh well.. this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

Message 1 of 69 (986 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16925 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

May 8, 2013

Well, I'm sure you'll find issues with the other console when you give it a try.  Good luck.

Can't say I have any interest in the "sharing" part of the PS4, so I just won't use that feature and will ignore the marketing as I currently do.

I will, however, revel in the amazing graphics and great games that will run on it.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 69 (973 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

May 8, 2013
I think I'll make a more informed decision after all the rumors are denied or confirmed. I'm sure I'll wait until the products are released and bugs are worked out. Then I'll wait a few years like I did with the PS3. I had both a PS3/XBox at the same time. After a few weeks I packed up the XBox and gave it to a friend. I could say that's why I'm leaning toward Sony for my next purchase but I'm not going to make a huge purchase decisions based on other products like the browser on the Vita. If I did Windows 8 would make Microsoft's XBox a big loser in my view.
Message 3 of 69 (966 Views)
MVP Support
11361 posts

May 8, 2013

knightnorth wrote:
If I did Windows 8 would make Microsoft's XBox a big loser in my view.

If the NextBox does, in fact, run on Windows 8, it will be hacker paradise.  Good luck with that.

Message 4 of 69 (962 Views)
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013
I'm not getting cause no bc with ps3 games. I can't afford to buy all my games over again even at reduced 20 it's 4 k, I estimate I got 3 k little more maybe less in ps3 games alone. I didn't buy but 5 to 7 at full prices though.

Greed never prospers, had they been 40 bucks brand new, just came out I bet they would of done a lot better?
If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 5 of 69 (953 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

May 8, 2013

Sharing mechanics aside, that shouldn't be the main reason why you choose to buy a platform. If you're a gamer then that should be why you're getting the PlayStation 4. Your main concern should be looking at what the games are for the PlayStation 4 and whether or not you want to play them. If sharing videos of what you've done in a game isn't attractive you don't have to use it. Uploading videos is nothing new to gaming, however. Over the course of the PlayStation 3's time gamers have been able to upload footage captured from certain games, everything from Call of Duty: Black Ops II to Peggle.

And even before then gamers have been buying capture tools to extract playback from thousands of games. It's become a common practice for gamers to want share their gaming footage whether it's for a review, whether it's for a "how-to-do-it" guide, or whether it's just to share with the rest of the world. Now what the PlayStation 4 is doing just seems that it'll simplify things so you will no longer need to be a technical wizard in installing capture utilities.

Message 6 of 69 (950 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

May 8, 2013

Yeah I do agree with you with the whole share button thing. Even though I won't really use it, it does not bother me in the end. Trully I don't see the "Share Button" as a major reason to decide to buy a PS4 or not. If Sony wants free advertising, as you say, then let them do it. I actually think that's pretty clever. By the way, I'm a somewhat indie game supporter and this could help me show my friends to try out a game that deserves more advertising.

Btw, i really hate Windows 8 on my laptop, and I can't imagine it on a gaming console. I buy a game console to play games, not to post things on Facebook or tweet what I just ate.

And yes, the Vita's web browser is a bit lame.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 7 of 69 (939 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 8, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Sharing mechanics aside, that shouldn't be the main reason why you choose to buy a platform. If you're a gamer then that should be why you're getting the PlayStation 4. Your main concern should be looking at what the games are for the PlayStation 4 and whether or not you want to play them. If sharing videos of what you've done in a game isn't attractive you don't have to use it. Uploading videos is nothing new to gaming, however. Over the course of the PlayStation 3's time gamers have been able to upload footage captured from certain games, everything from Call of Duty: Black Ops II to Peggle.

And even before then gamers have been buying capture tools to extract playback from thousands of games. It's become a common practice for gamers to want share their gaming footage whether it's for a review, whether it's for a "how-to-do-it" guide, or whether it's just to share with the rest of the world. Now what the PlayStation 4 is doing just seems that it'll simplify things so you will no longer need to be a technical wizard in installing capture utilities.

^^ THIS

Message 8 of 69 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013
Gray gargoyle is right, I like when gamers make 100percent walkthroughs. I can platinum games, I use them mostly for collectible.

Is it PS4, or PSnore?
If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 9 of 69 (921 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11361 posts

May 8, 2013

TheDster wrote:
I'm not getting cause no bc with ps3 games. I can't afford to buy all my games over again 

Where the *bleep* did this whole 'buy games again' thing come from, anyway?  It is highly unlikely that 'PS3 Classics' will be offered on the PS4.

I don't know about everyone else, but I bought my PS3 to play PS3 games.  I bought a PS Vita to play PS Vita games, and I will buy the PS4 to play PS4 games.  If I want to revisit my PS3 collection, I will play PS3 games on the PS3 that will be conveniently located right next to my PS4 and will be hooked up to the same TV.

If my PS3 should happen to eventually stop working, I will either get it fixed, or buy a new one (I suspect the PS3 will be $99-149 within a couple of years of the PS4's release).  I also realize that within a couple of years, I will likely have no further interest in playing PS3 games (as what happened with PS2 games shortly after I purchased my PS3), so whether or not my PS3 breaks, it may be a moot point.

If the 'buy games again' thing comes from the fact that the PS4 will have the Gaikai streaming service, I honestly expect that to be a subscription service (annual or monthly fee for unlimited game streaming, kind of like a Netflix for games), and not an ala carte service (pay for each game you wish to stream).

Message 10 of 69 (927 Views)