I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Re: Ps4 using real names and lacking customization again like all PS consoles b4 it...

Jul 12, 2013

I think that Fackbook is trying to be integrated into too many things.

Message 21 of 38 (167 Views)
MVP Support
13852 posts

Re: Ps4 using real names and lacking customization again like all PS consoles b4 it...

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

I don't want my name to be used. I'll fake that and create a new account for the PS4.

As for customization, I see your point of view and there are many folks that like that. I can appreciate at least the way that PSN is now there is no NSFW or inappropriate avatars. I'm not partial to having the PSN become the wild west where anything goes.

Same here. I like having at least an ounce of privacy. Heck I don't use my real name on the internet for the most part, since only those who need to know my name, know it, as in friends, family and other rl people.

Agreed. There needs to be limitations, I love that they're bringing it back... but there needs to be a feature where people can be able to report offensive avatars or at least block them.

@ Liquid_Panda: Agreed. They're dipping their hands into too many pies, imo. And that might bite them in the butt someday.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 22 of 38 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 12, 2013

hakumen_wins wrote:

Having the chance to rename yourself after a new game or movie comes out is a fun part of being part of any community, but only Sony doesnt seem to let you have the chance to full own your console and customise it the way you want and rename yourself when you want. PS3 lacked that option, wouldnt allow you to use gifs, yr own avatars, etc and PS4 is seeming to be no different. What has Sony said regarding customization? The real world names does not excite me. I wanted my own cool names I could possibly switch on the fly. What if someone hates their name? What if yr PSN friends and FB/TW friends are completely separate for a reason? I dont think Sony answered any of this and just glossed over it. What is everyone elses thoughts on the subject?

Thats sad...

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 23 of 38 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Jul 13, 2013
If you dont understand the importance of your name than wow......
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 24 of 38 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Jul 13, 2013

So custom avatars..
 Sooner or later you won't be showing certain people  your friend's list on the Ps4. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 25 of 38 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jul 13, 2013
FB integration is there, but Sony isn't forcing you to use it, which is great. And even if you do use it, your non-FB friends will still see your PSN name. Quit crying.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 38 (126 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 14, 2013

You will only use your real name IF YOU WANT.

Sony has already said, months ago, that social aspects of the PSN (like linking your facebook, which is where "your real name" came from) will be completely optional.

That said..... I don't pay attention to people who make novelty accounts.

Im pretty certain you will STILL have to think long and hard about creating a new PSN ID because you would not have the option to change it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 38 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:
People like you are the reason I only have five friends on Steam. If you change your name every time something happens in pop culture how am I supposed to know who you are? It's not fun and I delete people like that immediately.

It seems you aren't really familiar with Steam then, as it offers plenty tools.
* You can tag your friends and put them into groups.

* If someone changed their name, you can check their name history to see their previous name(s)

* You can add your remarks or your chosen name to any friend's account. Which will be shown next to their current name.

I don't suggest that Sony should allow name changes, I just mention that it is easily possible to control the results. With Steam's tags and groups I have a far better control over my Steam friend list than my PSN friend list.

Message 28 of 38 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Im not friending you so I dont care. I was giving an example and stating how some people would like the option. Just like how someone might not like their name. Glad you can read... or not.

http://soundcloud.com/hakumen001/

@hakumen001 on Twitter
Message 29 of 38 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jul 15, 2013

When you grow up, youll realize more than your opinion counts and having options is a good thing. no one mentioned a 20+ year old anime etc, but thanks for not adding to the thread. like most children.

----------------------------

I love how asking about having more options and customization on ps4 turned into people saying how they hate people who want options to change their name and not be stuck with one or have to only use their real name turned into dbz and yugio and hating me based on examples of what some people might want the ability to do. Thanks to the few that answered what info they had and not just posting their ignorance.

if you had a friend who wanted to change their name after a year or 2 based on something new, Im sure they would tell you and youd have a way to tell who they were anyway. Unless all your "friends" like  changing names like popcorn and hate them and unfriend them.

http://soundcloud.com/hakumen001/

@hakumen001 on Twitter
Message 30 of 38 (70 Views)
0 Likes