Feb 08 2014
By: ValinEndac Splicer 59 posts

Ps4 questions

8 replies 335 views Edited Feb 8, 2014

I have a few questions concerning the Playstation 4 console.

If anyone would be kind enough to answer these I would be very grateful, as I am getting my Playstation 4 soon and needed a little heads up on it.

1) Do wireless keyboards and mice that require a USB dongle work on the Playstation 4? Here is an example of what I am talking about http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wireless-desktop-keyboard-and-mouse/1294039.p?id=1218247967840&skuId=129...

2) Does the Playstation Vita's second screen function enable it to be used as a keyboard during online games, for example DC Universe Online?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for any information you may have regarding this questions.

Message 1 of 9 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: Ps4 questions

Feb 8, 2014
1) The PS4 is supposed to support KB/M but weather they work in games is another question.

2) I'm going to say No, but I'm not 100% on that.

A good way to get answers faster is the use https://www.google.com/
and do some reading.
Message 2 of 9 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

CaptainJ1342 wrote:
1) The PS4 is supposed to support KB/M but weather they work in games is another question.

2) I'm going to say No, but I'm not 100% on that.

A good way to get answers faster is the use https://www.google.com/
and do some reading.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but these don't answer either question.

1) I know it supports KB/M, however, I want to know if it supports wireless ones that use a "USB" dongle such as the ones I linked in my original post.

2) It is possible to use the Playstation Vita's second screen function in the menus and message options as a keyboard to type in text. But I want to know if this is still possible while playing a game.

And to your comment about using "www.google.com" I did search for this for several hours without finding the specific answers I wanted. I was hoping that somebody here with a Playstation 4 could answer these very specific questions as the answers on Google are too general.

Message 3 of 9 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 8, 2014
Sorry I could not be of more help, You could try contacting support and asking them, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions.
Message 4 of 9 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 8, 2014

CaptainJ1342 wrote:
Sorry I could not be of more help, You could try contacting support and asking them, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions.

That's okay. Thank you for trying to help though.

I will probably contact support soon if someone else doesn't answer these questions over the next few days, as I don't have time available to call them at the moment. I don't have high expectations on support answering these questions though, as it is very specific and they likely don't have information available to find the answers.

Thanks again though for trying to help.

Message 5 of 9 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 8, 2014

ValinEndac wrote:

I have a few questions concerning the Playstation 4 console.

If anyone would be kind enough to answer these I would be very grateful, as I am getting my Playstation 4 soon and needed a little heads up on it.

1) Do wireless keyboards and mice that require a USB dongle work on the Playstation 4? Here is an example of what I am talking about http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wireless-desktop-keyboard-and-mouse/1294039.p?id=1218247967840&skuId=129...

2) Does the Playstation Vita's second screen function enable it to be used as a keyboard during online games, for example DC Universe Online?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for any information you may have regarding this questions.

1. It should support it but its up to the developers

2. I dont know, but you can get the playstation app for your phone and use it as a second screen to be able to type and the typing goes to the ps4. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 9 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 9, 2014

Slight bump for greatness as I am still looking for the answers to these questions.

Message 7 of 9 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 9, 2014

Bump again, still hoping to get some answers to these questions.

Message 8 of 9 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 9, 2014
It will probably support it. As for games that do I doubt it, unless there was separate lobbies for those with KB & M and those with controllers. Maybe wrong tho...
Message 9 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Likes