Mar 16 2013
By: XSophia_EsteedX Splicer 91 posts
Accepted Solution

Ps4 no BC wth ps3 games?

11 replies 2113 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

ok so the ps4 has super graphical power but no BC how im i suppose to play rune factory tides of destiny or tales of graces f?

Wii u peed on sony
Message 1 of 12 (2,113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Re: Ps4 no BC wth ps3 games?

Mar 16, 2013
You keep your PS3 next to it.
Message 2 of 12 (1,906 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

XSophia_EsteedX wrote:

ok so the ps4 has super graphical power but no BC how im i suppose to play rune factory tides of destiny or tales of graces f?

The PS4 won't run PS3 games because the architecture on the PS4 is different than the architecture on the PS3. The only way to play PS3 games on the PS4 is to stream them through Gaikai or emulation (according to Shuhei Yoshida).

Message 3 of 12 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Mar 16, 2013

and once this gaikai is release ill bebable to play any ps3 game inclueing rude factory?

Wii u peed on sony
Message 4 of 12 (1,010 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

XSophia_EsteedX wrote:

and once this gaikai is release ill bebable to play any ps3 game inclueing rude factory?

Well possibly, but you may have to re-buy them agian, sadly, unless if you bought your PS3 games digitally and Sony allows you to transfer them.  I don't think the PS4 will ever play PS3 disc unless Sony makes some kind of emulator which is would be hard because the Cell processor is hard to emulate. According Shuhei Yoshida; Sony is looking for some methods on making PS3 games work on the PS4:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/the-ps4-is-not-backwards-compatible-with-ps3-or...

Trust me,  I am also dissapointed that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 12 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13564 posts

Mar 16, 2013

How ironic. Many people didn't like how the PS3 can't play PS2 games. Now the PS4 will do the same. 

Message 6 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28671 posts

Mar 16, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

How ironic. Many people didn't like how the PS3 can't play PS2 games. Now the PS4 will do the same. 

How is that "ironic"? Irony is something that you think wouldn't be, but is, or the outcome of events contrary to what was or is. Irony would be a flood in the desert. This is just history repeating.

Message 7 of 12 (179 Views)
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I know this is solved but people on the PC create emulators all the time, the reason sony dont want BC is more money.  PS3 can play ps1 games, i purchased ps3 mgs bundle that is horrible BC with ps2 games.  Its amazing they can get psp and Vita a different file format on our ps3 but cant do the same with emulators or whatever it takes for all BC with playstation.  I find that kind of funny or you can see it for what it is thats the way i always see things now.

I have this cut i accidently did to myself it wont heal cause theres no blood getting to it, me and doctor both agreed thats the reason it hasnt healed for 5 months so far.  Anyhow i called a month later and asked for a prescription of Warfarin, blood thinner to help with it.  He wont prescribe that for me but he will recommend me for 20 hospital clinic visits.  Mucho Denaro, I been taking lots or aspirns and its getting better but not as fast as a actual blood thinner would do for it.  The fire in my leg the first few months is something i dont wish upon anyone but i think thats whats going to happen to alot of people.

I couldnt sleep for weeks it was fire, like i was being burnt.  It was horrible.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 8 of 12 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13564 posts

Mar 16, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

How is that "ironic"? Irony is something that you think wouldn't be, but is, or the outcome of events contrary to what was or is. Irony would be a flood in the desert. This is just history repeating.

It's ironic because everyone thought that it would be a change for the PS4.

Message 9 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
973 posts

Mar 16, 2013

that sucks but i still want a ps4

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Message 10 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes