Fender Bender
3793 posts

Re: Ps4 and Playstation Vita ultimate bundle coming december 2013?

Nov 22, 2013

Exactly. If it is $500 that's a deal most people won't be able to pass up. I jsut bought my second Vita last night. I am enjoying it a lot but even more so with remote play.

glaciusx25 wrote:

Here's how I see it (this is just my viewpoint)

The Vita's current status is much like that of an economic recession.

In economic recession, people save their money, and so they don't spend it. Businesses make no money, and therefore cut jobs/wages, so peole have less money, so they save more money, and it just spirals.

In the same way: The Vita isn't getting console quality games, so people aren't buying it. Because people aren't buying it, developers aren't making any console quality games for it, and it just spirals.

So this bundle can act as a sort of "stimulus package", to help boost Vita user base.

That's just how I see it anyway. Leaving things as they are now won't help.

Message 11 of 32 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14363 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Looks like I might hold on to my cash for that bundle since I never had a Vita. 

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 12 of 32 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4997 posts

Nov 23, 2013

At $500 this would put even more strain on MS and the X-Box One, even at $550 this would be a good deal. 

Message 13 of 32 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

Nov 23, 2013
The vita was around $300 (What I was told) for Wifi only in japan, which is why it wasn't selling. They made a PCH-2000 now with LCD screen instead of OLED, 1GB internal memory, longer battery life, and it's lighter and thinner.

And they come in colors *-* It'll sell for about $190 in japan and this will obviously boost sales. Though I picked the OLED instead because The touchpad is bigger, it has a glass finish and I have no problems about the oval Start/Select buttons, and I just fold my fingers and it's more comfortable like that, so I don't accidentally tap the backpad.
Though I'm a little paranoid about burn-ins.
Message 14 of 32 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Nov 23, 2013
This pisses me off a little bit, I would have liked the option to get this, but no.. I think sony should offer a voucher to ppl who got the ps4 for the vita at a discounted price

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 15 of 32 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Vita fans complaining.

When I check new game previews all I see is wave after wave of Vita games, esp in Japan. I don't understand the frustration. There's a veritable tsunami of games about to be brought over from the East in 2014.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 16 of 32 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

In economic recession, people save their money, and so they don't spend it. Businesses make no money, and therefore cut jobs/wages, so peole have less money, so they save more money, and it just spirals.

In the same way: The Vita isn't getting console quality games, so people aren't buying it. Because people aren't buying it, developers aren't making any console quality games for it, and it just spirals.

So this bundle can act as a sort of "stimulus package", to help boost Vita user base.

i have said it before and I will say it again. The Ps Vita's current state is due to SONY not putting out enough Home console quality games. They OWN game developer studio's, SONY promised that THEY were going to support the system that they OWN

Everyone keeps saying that they tried to support the system, I have owned the Ps vita since 2012. I know game support when I see it. They didn't show the Ps vita HALF the support they are showing the Ps4.

When a new portable or home console comes out, it is up to the company that made it to get devs on board. SONY made the Ps Vita They promised Vita owner GAMES, EXCLUSIVE GAMES that you could only get on the Ps Vita, remote-play with the Ps4 Is not game support.

If remote-play is what is Gonna boost Vita sales. Where is the boost at, The Ps4 sold One million units on it's first day, Were was the boost in Vita sales. The Ps4 is in high demand, But wait a minute.

Shouldn't the Ps Vita be selling like crazy so Ps4 players can use Remote-play? I mean remote-play is the Ps4 and Ps vita's killer app, right?

Face it, People do not want to buy a GAMING system that dosen't even have enough GAMES to sell, because the very company who made the system. IGNORED IT FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT!.

How much longer are my fellow Vita owners gonna take this lying down, It seems like few of us are trying to get the word out to Sony that we want GAMES. The dedicated Vita user base stopped the system from getting shelved once. Where are they now that Sony is trying to turn The Vita Into add-on controller for the Ps4.

As a vita owner I am sick (and others are to, even If they won't come out and say It) of being told I will get Games that SONY promised us through "Remote-play with the Ps4". They said We were going to get Ps Vita EXCLUSIVE GAMES, That Is what most Vita owners got the system for.

Games like Street fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat (2011 reboot), MLB the show, Persona 4 golden, Need for speed: Most wanted (2012 version), Ultimate Marval vs Capcom 3, The Walking Dead..........

Exclusives and new IP's like Uncharted: Golden Abyss the Vita's best selling game at one million and counting, Wipeout 2048, Resistance: burning skies, Call of Duty: Black ops Declassified (despite Call Of Duty and Resistance not being very good), Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway.........

that's what most of us payed for, not remote-play with the Ps4.

Message 17 of 32 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

Nov 24, 2013
The vita has many potential. Think of it as a seed in a dry desert. All it needs is water to grow. Which is why it's a good idea to buy Ps protection plan and soak it in water Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 32 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Nov 24, 2013

It would fit as "PlayStation Starter Kit" Contain PS4, PSVita, Selected Games for both and 1 year of PS Plus

Message 19 of 32 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

i have said it before and I will say it again. The Ps Vita's current state is due to SONY not putting out enough Home console quality games. They OWN game developer studio's, SONY promised that THEY were going to support the system that they OWN

Everyone keeps saying that they tried to support the system, I have owned the Ps vita since 2012. I know game support when I see it. They didn't show the Ps vita HALF the support they are showing the Ps4.

(COUGH COUGH REMOTE PLAY)

When a new portable or home console comes out, it is up to the company that made it to get devs on board. SONY made the Ps Vita They promised Vita owner GAMES, EXCLUSIVE GAMES that you could only get on the Ps Vita, remote-play with the Ps4 Is not game support.

(Does Exclusives madder?)

If remote-play is what is Gonna boost Vita sales. Where is the boost at, The Ps4 sold One million units on it's first day, Were was the boost in Vita sales. The Ps4 is in high demand, But wait a minute.

Shouldn't the Ps Vita be selling like crazy so Ps4 players can use Remote-play? I mean remote-play is the Ps4 and Ps vita's killer app, right?

(MAYBE)

Face it, People do not want to buy a GAMING system that dosen't even have enough GAMES to sell, because the very company who made the system. IGNORED IT FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT!.

(Does +459 games arent enoght for you?)

(Meanwhile in PlayStation Vita TV)

http://cdni.wired.co.uk/1240x826/o_r/ps-vita-tv.jpg

How much longer are my fellow Vita owners gonna take this lying down, It seems like few of us are trying to get the word out to Sony that we want GAMES. The dedicated Vita user base stopped the system from getting shelved once. Where are they now that Sony is trying to turn The Vita Into add-on controller for the Ps4.

(You're not forced to use The Vita as a add-on controller.)

As a vita owner I am sick (and others are to, even If they won't come out and say It) of being told I will get Games that SONY promised us through "Remote-play with the Ps4". They said We were going to get Ps Vita EXCLUSIVE GAMES, That Is what most Vita owners got the system for.

Here your Tearaway. oh wait you want more. then why not take a look at The PlayStation Store, Im sure theres a couple of Exclusive titles there)

Games like Street fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat (2011 reboot), MLB the show, Persona 4 golden, Need for speed: Most wanted (2012 version), Ultimate Marval vs Capcom 3, The Walking Dead..........

Exclusives and new IP's like Uncharted: Golden Abyss the Vita's best selling game at one million and counting, Wipeout 2048, Resistance: burning skies, Call of Duty: Black ops Declassified (despite Call Of Duty and Resistance not being very good), Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway.........

4zopt.gif

that's what most of us payed for, not remote-play with the Ps4.

Message 20 of 32 (131 Views)
0 Likes