Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: Ps4 Were is our playstation plus money really going ???

Nov 29, 2013
You can keep the free games. When I pay for services, I expect them to work. Rerout psn connection for the customers who already have ps4 for two weeks and screw them, eh, Sony? Just because of "launch issues". I don't see any "launch issue" with MY money in SONY's bank account.
Message 21 of 37 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Nov 29, 2013

You can pay your electric bill faithfully, but you're still occasionally going to lose power.

Message 22 of 37 (138 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 29, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You can pay your electric bill faithfully, but you're still occasionally going to lose power.

Get out of here with that logic!! This thread if for people who fail at logic.

Message 23 of 37 (132 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 29, 2013

ALhaknslash wrote:

Lemmywinks wrote:

Yeah, my money to XBL went to them putting more ads on my dashboard and adding awesome gamer perks like apps for things that did nothing for my gaming experience.

THIS!

I've seen some people on here moaning and groaning over having to pay for services and IMHO it just comes off as spoiled kids. If you can afford a $400 console and the $60 games to keep it fed, then you really shouldn't have an issue with speding the measley $4 a month, and that's if you paid full retail on PS+. If $4 a month breaks you then you're priorities are in the wrong place and maybe next gen gaming isn't for you.

As you said, some of us came from XBL so we know a thing or two about how the money-4-services marketing aspect goes lol. Or at least we've seen the nasty side of it if you let greedy $$$ grubbers run it into the ground. The thing I see with PS+ vs XBL is yes I'm paying for services but at the same time my dashboard is NOT getting taken over by ads ads and more ads.  I hope that some aspects of the UI get smoothed out and the party chat system seems like a step back from what I'm used to on XBL but those things can be ironed out and fixed as the evolution of this system unfolds.

And don't even get me started on the game selection of PS+ vs XBL "Games for Gold". I've actually enjoyed the free games so far. The games my 360 had for free never even got my consideration for consuming hard drive space. The free game selection was pathetic and still is on XBL.

I had xbl since the very first day, it honestly started going down in quality as they made more money.  The ads combined with a party chat that failed for me and my friends almost constantly and required us restarting the 360s to get it to work.  My 360 was pretty much only used to play 1 game in the last 2 years, which was a multiplatform game that I have since switched to ps3 version.  It was unhooked for last few months of the time I had it as I switched to a PS3 only gamer.  Dont even get me started on reliablitly of Xbox systems, when you go through 10 of them, you can feel upset about that company as a whole.  (dont worry, i didnt buy more than 2 or 3 of them as I knew people who could swap out my dead ones without issue)  

And yeah, the games for gold is a joke compared.  They get gears of war 1.  We get borderlands 2 and grid 2.  Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but they are both games released in the last like year.

Message 24 of 37 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 29, 2013
@WrxSTIboost who hired you from ms? Your mind seems set on xbox, get out of these forums and spend your days on x1. "end of story"
Message 25 of 37 (127 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Lemmywinks wrote:

I had xbl since the very first day, it honestly started going down in quality as they made more money.  The ads combined with a party chat that failed for me and my friends almost constantly and required us restarting the 360s to get it to work.  My 360 was pretty much only used to play 1 game in the last 2 years, which was a multiplatform game that I have since switched to ps3 version.  It was unhooked for last few months of the time I had it as I switched to a PS3 only gamer.  Dont even get me started on reliablitly of Xbox systems, when you go through 10 of them, you can feel upset about that company as a whole.  (dont worry, i didnt buy more than 2 or 3 of them as I knew people who could swap out my dead ones without issue)  

And yeah, the games for gold is a joke compared.  They get gears of war 1.  We get borderlands 2 and grid 2.  Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but they are both games released in the last like year.

Same here. I was always an Xbox console owner from the very beginning. So I've watched what used to be a gaming console turn into an "entertainment device" over the years. The Xbox One is their pig with lipstick. The PS4 reminds me every time I fire it up that it's a gaming console first and foremost. The rest is added fluff to me if you're into those things (apps). It's actually refreshing to be honest not having to look at ads and other bloatware consume 90% of my screen. 

Message 26 of 37 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 10, 2013
i'm in know way an xbox fanboy or xbox one fan but i've had a lot of issues with my ps4 online i'm playing call of duty ghosts it freezes up maybe once a day and it's a pain in the **bleep** ...my ps3 doesn't even do that... I love the graphics but ps4 online needs some serious work I can't navigate smoothly without things being sticky and laggy if I'm playing a game and I press my ps button try to turn on some music or enter a party chat send a message whatever just doing one of those things gets me stuck half the time... sending a friend and invite somtimes gets laggy and stuck my internet is fine very fast and never had these issues on the ps3 with ghosts the first 2 weeks why does it feel like a downgrade with the interface system on the ps4... I've talk to many people it's not just me lots of people are having this problem ....
so again I ask were is are 49.99 really going...
Message 27 of 37 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 10, 2013
they had an update today from 9am to 2pm I really see no difference in the online service would love to know what they fixed because it's still laggy and very slow moving through the interface system on the ps4.
Message 28 of 37 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Dec 10, 2013

what the heck are you whining about... your just looking for things to comeplain now... this lag... i bet its like a 1 or 2 second lag, youre over exaggerating everything...

Message 29 of 37 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I find it funny how Sony just started to charge for online service, yet illogical morons expect Sony to just snap their fingers and "put that money to use." This generation of gamers have no patience what so ever. If you want to see what the money for plus is going towards, stick around and watch the improvements. If you're to impatient, go buy an XB1 and enjoy the ads and bloatware stuffed down your throats.

And to the dude saying that the UI is laggy, maybe buy some better internet cause I sure as hell don't have a laggy UI at all. Odd time it will take like a second for the overview, recent activities and related items to appear under a game selection but if your too impatient to wait a second for it to appear you have entitlement issues.
Message 30 of 37 (77 Views)