Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2010
By: sickswiff Treasure Hunter 4978 posts

Ps3 turns on then shuts off ((PROBLEM))

3 replies 3463 views Edited Dec 24, 2010

What's going on my fellow ps family? I am going straight to the point some of you might know me some of you don't so for those of you that DO not know me well here is a little inside.I have been repairing ps3's for a few years now and I must say I have a great success rate when I reflow or reball these things so here is a 1st timer with a until I just got from ebay which I am completely lost  cause I can not get this thing to stay on...I reflowed and reballed it and for the 1st time in after like 500 of these things repaired I can't seem to get this until to stay on and some of you guys know me and know I know my stuff it's not the ylod it's been professionally reballed and so on....It never had the ylod it just tuned on then turned right off.I was like 98% sure a new power supplies would be the trick and to my dame surprise I swapped the supplies out and still have the same problem.((GREEN)) light then OFF no lights at all then it will take about 20seconds before I even see the system get back in standby mode so I swapped the hdd just incase it might have been the problem and nothing the same thing over and over with the system this is a 1st time for me I have never had such a problem so I am hopping someone on here can guide me to the light under that deep tunnel I can't seem to reach...lol. it's a 60gig ps3 and it's not the YLOD It's been reflowed and reballed  ....POWER SUPPLIES... New hdd and so on and still have the same problem....GREEN LIGHT THEN OFF NO BEEPS NO YLOD.What's the problem?

Free Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingWhen
you kill for money, there are no rules.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicFree Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (3,463 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: Ps3 turns on then shuts off ((PROBLEM))

Dec 24, 2010

It's most likely the Power Supply Blow out or your Fans not functioning properly, cheap fix go on The Gamer's Fix buy a new one for $24.99=Power Supply, or Fan think the price is around the same. This is only helpful only if you know how to install it properly if not you could send it in to Sony Playstation, you should know this will cost more and Game Data & Centent will be all deleted, Customer Support line is.

800-345-SONY

MON-SAT 6:00am-8:00pm PST
SUN 7:00am-6:30pm PST

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (3,463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I know this is a really old post but I'm having the same problem wih my 80gig did you ever find the problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (3,012 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@nsane....ive have the fat 80 too and my system is doing this all of a sudden as well this can be no coincidence im glad i saw your post. **bleep** does this mean that we both have the same models and all of a sudden the network does their "maintenance" sh*t  and our systems are now suffering from the same problem!?!? I wonder how many other 80gb systems are going through the same problem? for the last 3 years my fat baby has worked without a flaw and now when i cut it on it will cut right off, with no lights, eventually it comes on but when turn it off again it has no red light. that's only if it doesn't shut off on its own.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2,925 Views)
0 Likes