MVP Support
9698 posts

Re: Ps3 slim vs super slim need help on deciding

Dec 15, 2012

MrBrittain1 wrote:

Ok thanks for everyones opinions I hope that I can Make my decision of of this but one more thing to add if someone will please answer this last question. I have been hearing more and more problems with the super slim such as games freeze more often or that there is more lag even on one player games. Is this true or are people just bashing on the ps3? 

Also I realize that the console will have problems everything does because i own an xbox as well and it as its ups and downs, but i just want to know which one you people would pick slim or super slim? 

Both slim models work exactly the same, with the exception of the the disc slots.

Message 11 of 39 (11,322 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 16, 2013
How's the quality of it and the quality of the lid?
Message 12 of 39 (10,930 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I have the 500 GB Super Slim and I love it, no problems. The price is great with a free game and 1 month free plus.

Play games to " RELAX "
Message 13 of 39 (10,925 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I recently got my ps3 super slim 500gb out in a mall gamestore 1 day ago and it runs very smooth playing dvds. The only problem that I have observed is what they said that the disc runs noisier though its not a big problem for me, since my console is placed under my table whenever I use it.

Ps3 slim vs super slim need help on deciding

V
Message 14 of 39 (9,579 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TroyGTV wrote:
I recently got my ps3 super slim 500gb out in a mall gamestore 1 day ago and it runs very smooth playing dvds. The only problem that I have observed is what they said that the disc runs noisier though its not a big problem for me, since my console is placed under my table whenever I use it.

I have a Super Slim w/vertical stand on my desk in my home office. It's so quiet. I am going to see about getting another SS in our bedroom and put the mid-range(not-fat-nor-slim) PS3 in the basement. I cleaned that PS3 out recently it's quieter than it was now but it's always noisy compared to Slim or SuperSlim.

The Slim is a very nice machine. Solid and quiet, harder to find now though. The SuperSlim is the one easy to find, and it works just as well as previous machines, just is different in disc loading and how it presents itself is cheap, sort of, though it's really just lovely, and standing it vertically with that disc stand I have is superb, it looks so sweet. It wouldn't survive a fall, like the SLIM we have has done several times (cats push it off to the floor!) -- at least the sliding door seems like it would break, and remembering older devices with sliding doors ... I'm just being careful with where one like this would be put.

Message 15 of 39 (9,574 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Apr 1, 2013

super slims have bigger HDD and cost a little more money. they all smaller, and can stand up straight without an accessory (nbd)

however, superslims arent old enough to tell if they will last a long time or develop problems, whereas the slim has been out for years, the superslim has been out for 6months.

Off topic, but if you havent gotten a ps3 yet, why not wait until the ps4?...  and if you dont want a ps4, at least wait until then b/c ps3 prices will drop

Message 16 of 39 (9,567 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 1, 2013

i have the ps3 super slim and it works fine althought the tray to insert discs look and feel cheap. otherwise i would go with ps3 super slim

Message 17 of 39 (9,553 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Why do people keep saying the super slim can stand vertical without accessory? I have the normal slim and mine is currently vertical and has no accessory. I've tested trying to tip it over and it takes enough force to not be a problem...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 39 (9,550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I have the SS with a vertical stand. It's really NICE, it can stand vertically all on it's own, but it's so VERY STABLE with the Official Sony PS disc vertical stand.

I have the Slim also. Yes, it can stand vertically all on it's own. I sometimes put it like that. It inevitably always falls over though. It's just like the SS, it can be rocky when standing on it's own.

I was going to get a stand for the Slim, never did, and then when I started to really look in BB for one, there were only SS stands for sale.

Yes, I could get one online. No, I just let it stay horizontal now.

So sure the Slim can stand up alone. Depends on environmental factors though as to whether it's a safe option. FWIW

Message 19 of 39 (9,546 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I currently have the regular slim with the disc slot, which I prefer over the disc door found on the super slim. The disc slot makes the PS3 feel more premium.

I do have a question: If you guys had to pick, which PS3 SKU would you choose? The regular slim or the super slim?

Message 20 of 39 (9,540 Views)
0 Likes