Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: Ps3 slim vs super slim need help on deciding

Apr 4, 2013

and trust me it needs all the extra room to breath it can get...

theres absolutely no heatsink coverage on the GPU ram now as all the previous models did and yes GPU ram does get hot,there has been quite a few threads i have read here and other places about people getting these new and they overheating at day one..

now my buddy got one awhile back and it was doing the same thing and we replaced the thermal compound and put copper shims in place and used thermal adhesive on the 4 ram chips and thermal compound on the bottom and top where the GPU chip is(center) and this brought the temps way down to now the fan don't even kick up speed and he plays the thing for hours upon hours and has never shut down or gave the warning ever since..

now,is there some systems that are just going to be like this??  sure thats true with anything but i feel like Sony took to many shortcuts with the SS and anyone thats been inside of them and the older ones beforehand would say the same thing if they are being honest about it..

you take it for what its worth but if it was me as i have worked on about every system made i would get a regular slim if i could before the SS...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 31 of 38 (3,806 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 4, 2013

did you read the whole review from that site you gave me..lol?

also at the end it does say"we can't suggest the Superslim."

Message 32 of 38 (3,802 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 4, 2013

kythunder wrote:

did you read the whole review from that site you gave me..lol?

also at the end it does say"we can't suggest the Superslim."

Ofcourse i've read it but it doesn't mean that i have to follow it.

Also, I suggest to the the OP to see both consoles in person or physically, not just on pictures.

Message 33 of 38 (3,785 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 4, 2013

if you have the choice of them side by side you would be silly to get the SS.....the only plus side to the SS and i say this lightly,is the advantage of the blueray drive door..

Message 34 of 38 (3,781 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Mananambal wrote:
Also, I suggest to the the OP to see both consoles in person or physically, not just on pictures.

Is the slim still available in retail stores?

Raptr Gamercard
Message 35 of 38 (3,765 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14049 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Well, neither is Backwards compatible with PS2 games. But, both have better cooling systems than the original Fat PS3, so both are fairly similar. I say you should choose by game bundle. Whichever system has the game that you want (like Uncharted infamous or God of war) get that system bundle.  So, it maybe better if you choose by the game that's bundled within whichever system.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 36 of 38 (3,762 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 4, 2013

speculum_fight wrote:

Mananambal wrote:

Is the slim still available in retail stores?

Yep but its difficult to find now, I only saw one store selling it in my place and some few were online from small size entrepreneurs.

Message 37 of 38 (3,751 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15656 posts

Apr 5, 2013

kythunder wrote:

the cooling in the superslim is in no where as efficient as the cooling in the original slim models...i have been in both systems and the SS is no where even close...

I beg to differ....

My SS is leaps and bounds a cooler running machine compared to my friends Slim when he comes over.... and obviously, considerably better than my 60GB or 80GB 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 38 of 38 (3,747 Views)