First Son
3 posts

Re: Ps3 shuts off while playing games or bluray movies

Jun 26, 2010

I had this same problem but most of the ppl are rite about the overheating or the harddrive failing. but after clean my ps3 with the (Can of Air) its not blowing hard anymore ^-^ many thinx. and still i have the same problem when it turns off every 3/10seconds now something is telling me its my harddrive that is cause it to turn off so i call my friend over my house ask him to get his harddrive(NOT HIS PS3 HARD DRIVE) after he showed up we when to the (system settings) after go to BACKUP Utility  usually take like 56mins to backup and when that done i go to format ulitity and i use quick format took like 1hr 56mins  that deleted all my save data and etc but i had reset up my ps3 all over.  for some reason my ps3 dont turn off by itself anymore which it most of been my save file that mess up my ps3 after that beening done i played modnation racers for the first time and when i create a character it turns my ps3 off again but this only happen on MODNATION Racers Character create all the other games i played are fine!!! i can race,create my ride but not character  plz i need help and i dont understand why it happen on modnation racers only!! but the only i can do is just to edit my character and just play the career mode.

Message 11 of 15 (839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 26, 2010
all am saying is that when i play my modnation racers my ps3 is running fine and not turning off by itself it only happen when i edit my character but in the mean while all i'm doing is playing career mode fixing my cars etc but not edit character sry about my Grammer from my last post
Message 12 of 15 (839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I have the same problem, replaced the power supply , still does the same thing.  Also replaced paste with silver paste...cleaned ..... nothing

Message 13 of 15 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Aug 1, 2012

how did you apply the thermal compound?

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 14 of 15 (819 Views)
0 Likes
First Son