Dec 25 2012
By: CovertClay Lombax Warrior 242 posts

Ps3 occasional freezing issue.

5 replies 525 views Edited Dec 25, 2012
Ok so about every month or so my ps3 will freeze about twice on average. The only way to fix it is to turn the console off and then back on. Sometimes it will beep 3 times before powering off and sometimes it just beeps once. Sometimes it will do a file restore when I boot it up and sometimes it won't. Anyways, I'm very nervous because my ps3 froze twice today (hasn't froze more than once a day in about a year). It will freeze at random but most of the time it happens when I multitask. Eg. I will be looking at my friends comments while a bf3 map is loading. Or sometimes ill be at the deployment screen in bf3 and press the square button right after the map loads and it will freeze. Sometimes it will freeze when ever it wants. (Like if I'm in the middle of a 4 and a half hour zombie match, which really **bleep** me off) I've had my ps3 for a little over 2 years now. I'm starting to worry if this is a lead up to the YLOD. I mean I'm a heavy ps3 user (about 3 or 4 hours a day). How do I fix this and do you think my ps3 will last till the next gen consoles?
Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Ps3 occasional freezing issue.

Dec 25, 2012

CovertClay wrote:
Ok so about every month or so my ps3 will freeze about twice on average. The only way to fix it is to turn the console off and then back on. Sometimes it will beep 3 times before powering off and sometimes it just beeps once. Sometimes it will do a file restore when I boot it up and sometimes it won't. Anyways, I'm very nervous because my ps3 froze twice today (hasn't froze more than once a day in about a year). It will freeze at random but most of the time it happens when I multitask. Eg. I will be looking at my friends comments while a bf3 map is loading. Or sometimes ill be at the deployment screen in bf3 and press the square button right after the map loads and it will freeze. Sometimes it will freeze when ever it wants. (Like if I'm in the middle of a 4 and a half hour zombie match, which really **bleep** me off) I've had my ps3 for a little over 2 years now. I'm starting to worry if this is a lead up to the YLOD. I mean I'm a heavy ps3 user (about 3 or 4 hours a day). How do I fix this and do you think my ps3 will last till the next gen consoles?

Put your PS3 into Safe Mode and do the System File Restore and after that do Rebuild Data ( I think this option will remove your playlists if you've made any). If your problem continues Format your HDD, and if freezing persists try getting a new HDD, also remember to change your CPU thermal paste. These should reduce YLOD.:smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 6 (515 Views)
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Ok so if I do a system file restore and rebuild data, won't it delete all of my data?
Message 3 of 6 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 26, 2012

CovertClay wrote:
Ok so if I do a system file restore and rebuild data, won't it delete all of my data?

No, When you do a format it will delete your data.

Message 4 of 6 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Ok so just be REALY clear. I won't lose any trophys or my rank on games like BF3?
Message 5 of 6 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Your trophies are saved online as well as rank. So no you won't lose your data. But sync your trophies now for precautions.

Message 6 of 6 (491 Views)
0 Likes