Dec 11 2013
By: METALPUNKS Hekseville Citizen 295 posts

Ps3 more love/ Ps4 no love

13 replies 303 views Edited Dec 11, 2013
Im happy that ps3 is getting so many great free ps plus games. Borderlands 2 is an amazing free game.

What im not happy about is the ps4 getting an ign app. Not sure why so many people are thrilled with the app. I thought we hated ign lol.

Anyway i spend 435 bucks not including any games on a system that Sony has made and right now they only keep giving to the ps3. Sure ps3 is an awesome system. Still have mine and love mine but im starting to get bored with the ps4 games.

I just think that the next gen should be handled differently. Why not have a huge line up so big that not one person would not want the next gen system. For so many people to be ok with keeping their ps3, knowing it will still get amazing games is not cool. Stop doing anything for the ps3 and start focusing everything on this new generation. One could argue and say that not everyone could afford or get a ps4 but there are plenty of great games to keep someone playing a ps3 for years to come.

Sorry for the rant. I just want games for my ps4 not apps.
Message 1 of 14 (303 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Ps3 more love/ Ps4 no love

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2013

The lack of games isn't Sony's fault... Sony doesn't control when publishers release and don't release games. They can't abandon ps3 just because they released a new console. Not everyone can afford a new console right now and if they abandoned ps3, they'd be making less profits, which is the whole point to running a business. That's the sacrifice you make for buying a new console at launch. Games will come. I keep seeing people blaming Sony for the lack of games instead of using simple logic.

Message 2 of 14 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 11, 2013

PS3 - Massive list of PS3 games that can be made available for free to PS3 PS+ members.

PS4 - New kid on block - It will ramp up.

As evidenced by the PS2 when the PS3 launched. A new console does not mean abandoning the old, nor should it.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 3 of 14 (287 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26106 posts

Dec 11, 2013

You don't play your best cards on the first hand. If they had flooded the market with 20 premiere titles (I'm not using "AAA Titles" anymore, in baseball if you're in Triple A, you're still not in the big leagues), then they would have sold maybe about 50,000 - 100,000 each, and the developers would have lost their shirts. There's also games in the pipeline that have been in development for YEARS, and you just can't pull the plug three quarters the way through, and start all over again.

These aren't the only games that are ever going to be released. I know it's not in the gamer lexicon, but you just have to be patient.

Message 4 of 14 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:
Im happy that ps3 is getting so many great free ps plus games. Borderlands 2 is an amazing free game.

What im not happy about is the ps4 getting an ign app. Not sure why so many people are thrilled with the app. I thought we hated ign lol.

Anyway i spend 435 bucks not including any games on a system that Sony has made and right now they only keep giving to the ps3. Sure ps3 is an awesome system. Still have mine and love mine but im starting to get bored with the ps4 games.

I just think that the next gen should be handled differently. Why not have a huge line up so big that not one person would not want the next gen system. For so many people to be ok with keeping their ps3, knowing it will still get amazing games is not cool. Stop doing anything for the ps3 and start focusing everything on this new generation. One could argue and say that not everyone could afford or get a ps4 but there are plenty of great games to keep someone playing a ps3 for years to come.

Sorry for the rant. I just want games for my ps4 not apps.

Care to make a case for that, you won't find a better large media fan of the PlayStation brand than IGN.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 5 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Dec 11, 2013

Games will come out, be patient. It's stupid business practice to completely abandon there previous console. Developers know how to make games for it, they are still learning the PS4. The games will come, until then, wait

Message 6 of 14 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 11, 2013

I love sony, but I have to say you can't blame the developers for the problems here. I know the PS4 is backwards compatible to some degree. How do I know? Cause when I paid my $10 to upgrade BF4 to play on the new system I now need the PS3 disc to play. If they're going to have such a small number of games out for the system and such a large PS3 variety why not just open it up so all can be had?

I wish I could say the PS4 is a large jump in tech and maybe it is, but  it just doesn't feel that way. I have close to 2,700 trophies on my system so though I'm not a nuts and bolts guy when it comes to these systems, I sure as hell am a gamer. I just kinda feel jipped when I have have to play BF4 on my PS3 cause it crashes every round on the new system and due to the lack of other games my brand new $500+ system is a glorified Netflix machine.

Sorry for all this guys, just needed a place to let it go.

Message 7 of 14 (229 Views)
Wastelander
614 posts

Dec 11, 2013

avenger73 wrote:

I love sony, but I have to say you can't blame the developers for the problems here. I know the PS4 is backwards compatible to some degree. How do I know? Cause when I paid my $10 to upgrade BF4 to play on the new system I now need the PS3 disc to play. If they're going to have such a small number of games out for the system and such a large PS3 variety why not just open it up so all can be had?

I wish I could say the PS4 is a large jump in tech and maybe it is, but  it just doesn't feel that way. I have close to 2,700 trophies on my system so though I'm not a nuts and bolts guy when it comes to these systems, I sure as hell am a gamer. I just kinda feel jipped when I have have to play BF4 on my PS3 cause it crashes every round on the new system and due to the lack of other games my brand new $500+ system is a glorified Netflix machine.

All you have to do is look at the stats. The PS4 is many times more powerful than the PS3.

Using the PS3 disc to unlock the digital content is not the same thing as the PS4 processing data off of a PS3 format.

Battlefield is broken. That's got nothing to do with Sony.

There are legitimate complaints about the PS4. But these aren't.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 8 of 14 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11406 posts

Dec 11, 2013

There's some love being spent on the PlayStation 4 right now, but it's a fraction of what the PlayStation 3 is getting. Seems like the PlayStation 3 is getting 75% of the attention it's held onto for many a year while the PlayStation 4, just starting out, has one quarter to spend on a single machine. Don't worry so much. The PlayStation 3 is the older brother, and has been around the block many times already. As you can see Sony along with third-parties are giving the PlayStation 3 at least one trip around the arcade with those three quarters to fill up the slots into the next year.

By 2014's end the PlayStation 3 should still be seeing some change coming in, but now that the PlayStation 4's been getting its feet wet developers are probably already coming out with the shades drawn up to show off what's on the other side of their secret walls. 2014 looks to be the driver trying to start the engine for the first time while (if things go as they should) 2015 would act as the point in which the PlayStation 4 should really start to take off.

Getting there of course is a slow ride. This balancing act between the two platforms will go a ways longer yet, with developers still trying to impress the massive PlayStation 3 install base of customers while also keeping in mind the gradual rise in PlayStation 4 adopters. Obviously Sony did not plan on producing one-billion systems to sell at launch for $400 a piece. If they did, would things be any different than they are now? Would there have been more games available at launch time and into the next year? Or are things better that there's only around 2 million PlayStation 4 gamers and not that many astounding games to speak of? Some things would probably be better off one way or the other, but if the current lack of concentration from the PlayStation 4 is a problem for you at least you still have your PlayStation 3 to be loved by while it lasts all while the PlayStation 4 transforms from infancy into the hairy-chested wild man the PlayStation 3 knows itself to be. :smileywink:

Message 9 of 14 (191 Views)
Last Guardian
10884 posts

Dec 11, 2013

avenger73 wrote:

All the PS4 does is look for a few boot files for the game. The actual game code is run on PS4 download you had to do. 2 different chips not cross compatable at all. You downloaded the game for PS4 all the PS4 is looking for select files on the PS3 disk to verify you own the actual title and then launches the Ps4 version.

Message 10 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes