Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Re: Ps3 and Ps4 Same log ID/same account?

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:

So with our ps4 we keep our friends. Will we be able to play with them on games that are coming out for both platforms. Saying they are on the ps3 and your on the ps4. I wonder if it will let you know somehow that they are playing on ps3.

Remember, The Service PS4 is using is PSN...

Like i can see my PS3 Friends from my Vita (some own the vita too) .

as your answer on the quote: It depends if certain games supports Cross-Platform play...such as PS All-Stars Battle Royale. it support Cross-Platform...you play (via PS3) while other (via PS Vita) play in the same server. same case for DUST 514 (EVE Online on PC, DUST 514 on PS3, Cross-Platform, but that's the different Story), Warframe (IFirst time in PS4, It support Cross-Platform play for Both PC and PS4, don't believe it? http://bit.ly/15SPEW2)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 11 of 27 (4,633 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jul 20, 2013
I still don't think people are getting the basis of his questions.

Can my ps3 and ps4 be online signed into my psnid at the same time in different games.

Example, my son playing CODMW3 on my ID on the PS3 (because I have all the unlocks) While Im logged into my ID playing online in the newest kill zone on the PS4 at the same time.
Message 12 of 27 (4,620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2013
I get what you're saying, and I was wondering the same thing. I know that Microsoft said that you can be online on the 360 and the Xbox one at the same time on the same account, and I'm hoping you can do that on the PlayStation. Like you said, playing something like Destiny on PS4 and The Last of Us or something on the ps3
Message 13 of 27 (4,618 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Last two posters. Thanks! You get my question!!!! Celebrate lol everyone wss saying the question had been answered many many times but i didnt think it had. I dont think sony released that info.

Then people are saying you can play the same game on your ps3 and ps4 even at different times but that doesnt make sense. Of course you coulld. Youd just have to own each version. If some of our game saves are stored on servers there should be no reason why we couldnt play on both sytems.

I just dont get it. Games like bf4 or call of duty both coming out for ps3 and ps4. On our friends list i wonder how we will know whos on ps3 or ps4 or will ps3 players not even show up? Its all so confusing. Lol.
Message 14 of 27 (4,607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Jul 20, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:

I just dont get it. Games like bf4 or call of duty both coming out for ps3 and ps4. On our friends list i wonder how we will know whos on ps3 or ps4 or will ps3 players not even show up? Its all so confusing. Lol.

In PS Vita's Friends App you can check if one of your friends play games on your PS3 if you can see "Controller icon"

so i say... it going to be the same for PS4, expect you can idenified your friends on a different platform...

would be easier if one of your friends play a game from the PS3, it should show "PS3" logo with [INSERT GAME HERE] below your friends list

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 15 of 27 (4,602 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Jul 20, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:
Last two posters. Thanks! You get my question!!!! Celebrate lol everyone wss saying the question had been answered many many times but i didnt think it had. I dont think sony released that info.

Then people are saying you can play the same game on your ps3 and ps4 even at different times but that doesnt make sense. Of course you coulld. Youd just have to own each version. If some of our game saves are stored on servers there should be no reason why we couldnt play on both sytems.

This is what you don't get ... when you say "transfer"... it's not taking/moving your account from your PS3 to the PS4.  It just means you can use you current PSN ID on the PS4... that is all.  There is no "transfering".

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 16 of 27 (4,593 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Ok then so you just log into your new ps4 and theres your profile? Even then that doesnt matter to my question. I just want to know if the same account can be logged at the same time playing games and if so can you keep prpgress going with both sytems on games that save to a server.
Message 17 of 27 (4,577 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Jul 20, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:
Ok then so you just log into your new ps4 and theres your profile? Even then that doesnt matter to my question. I just want to know if the same account can be logged at the same time playing games and if so can you keep prpgress going with both sytems on games that save to a server.

1. Once you bring your PS4 home and sign in using your current PSN ID.. if you were signed into your PS3, you will be signed out on the PS3..  you cannot have two of the same accounts on the PSN.. 

2.  Also when it comes to your games, refer to first question.. furthermore.. if you buy Watch_Dogs for PS3 and PS4.. Since you have to be signed into the PSN to play it.. you will be signed out from one console.. Its sorta dumb to buy two copies of the same game since your trophies are tied to one PSN account.. 

3. last but not least.. No you cannot continue progress, between the PS3 and PS4.. The CELL processor is far to different than x86 jaguar..  Also trophy information will be processed differently between the two consoles.. 

enjoy.. 

Message 18 of 27 (4,573 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 20, 2013
3. Yes you can contibue process. How do you think we cannot. Games that save to servers like ff14rr and dcuo are games that people will play all the way up to ps4 launch. Once they get a ps4 they will have their saves there with those games. So whats stopping someone from going back and playing on the ps3 again. If the save is on a server it wont matter where you play from. Just like with ff14 realm reborn you can play the same character from to ps3 to pc.

1.im not talking about buying games. Talking f2p or games we will buy on the ps3 until ps4 launches those games. Example is ff14 wont be out on the ps4 till 2014. Ps3 version is august. I will be playing that game on my ps3 until the ps4 version comes out.
Message 19 of 27 (4,561 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
973 posts

Jul 20, 2013

**bleep** i cant wait for ps4

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Message 20 of 27 (4,558 Views)
0 Likes