Jul 19 2013
By: METALPUNKS Hekseville Citizen 295 posts

Ps3 and Ps4 Same log ID/same account?

25 replies 5012 views Edited Jul 19, 2013
This thoughts been bugging me. So we all know our ps3 account will transfer to our new ps4's. we also know we cannot have the same account on 2 different ps3's. For the many of us who plan on keeping our ps3's to play our older games does this mean we'd have to start a new account on the ps4 or would it be where we just couldnt be logged in at the same time?

Another question. Just say god forbid the ps4 is having issues. You send it in but your really hooked on playing destiny. You buy the ps3 version to hold you over. Or maybe its dcuo. Regardless our saves are on a server. Can we play our save on the ps3 while we are waiting for our ps4.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (5,012 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5363 posts

Re: Ps3 and Ps4 Same log ID/same account?

Jul 19, 2013

The PS4 will use your existing PSN account everything will be there trophies,friends etc 

As for the DC Universe saves if the saves are on their servers im pretty sure you continue were you left off as the saves are connected to your account

KANE-FIRE

Twitter   Welcoming Committee  [INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD[INFO] WWE2K15  Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (5,003 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 19, 2013
@kane.

I know about it using the same account. My question was a little confusing lol. After we transfer our account to the ps4 what happens to the ps4 account. Like if your playing a game you cant play destiny on the ps4 and dcuo on the ps3 at the same time, right? The main question is what happens to the ps3 account when we transfer to the ps4? Normally if you go from ps3 to ps3 you deactivate then reactivate.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (4,980 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4984 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Playstation has confirmed that you will be able to keep your PSN username just transfer it to your PS4 console and you're good to go.. Your friends will be jealous of you though since you are on the PS4 and they are on PS3 lol..

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (4,963 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 19, 2013
I dont think anyone is getting what in saying exactly lol.

Lets make this clear first. This has nothing to do with the transfering of an account to the ps4 from the ps3.

Ok again. What happens to your account on the ps3 once its transfered to the ps4? Some of us will still have our ps3's after we buy a ps4 and we will still play the ps3. What i dont get it how that works. I find it hard to believe that your ps3 and ps4 will have the exact same account.

Im gonna try to explain this a little better. You have your ps3 and you play say dcuo. You get your ps4 and play dcuo. Can you go back and forth from system to system? I think the reason why people are having a hard time answering this is because nobody knows yet.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (4,957 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23770 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

Nothing happens. Your account is for the Playstation Network, NOT the specific console. You'll have one account that goes across three pieces of hardware; The Vita, PS3, and the PS4.

Your PS3 games however, will not play on the PS4. That does not mean you need a seperate account. This question has been asked many, many, MANY times, and it's still the exact same answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (4,953 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Still thats not my question. I give up. Lol. Sorry.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (4,948 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23770 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:
This thoughts been bugging me. So we all know our ps3 account will transfer to our new ps4's. we also know we cannot have the same account on 2 different ps3's. For the many of us who plan on keeping our ps3's to play our older games does this mean we'd have to start a new account on the ps4 or would it be where we just couldnt be logged in at the same time?

Another question. Just say god forbid the ps4 is having issues. You send it in but your really hooked on playing destiny. You buy the ps3 version to hold you over. Or maybe its dcuo. Regardless our saves are on a server. Can we play our save on the ps3 while we are waiting for our ps4.
Hmn, sounds like it was your question to me. As for being logged in at the same time, we don't know yet. And since those games will be two different versions, no you will not be able to pick up a game that you started on the PS4, and continue it on the PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (4,942 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Why cant we play on both systems? In a way we can. Say we are playing dcuo the day before we get our ps4. Then we get our ps4 and log in and download dcuo. They said are stuff saves for that game. So in a way we are playing on both sytems because we were playing on the ps3 judt hours before and now we are playing the same exact character on our ps4. So what would be holding us back to go play on our ps3 again?

Dont get me wrong im not trying to be rude i just dont get it.

So with our ps4 we keep our friends. Will we be able to play with them on games that are coming out for both platforms. Saying they are on the ps3 and your on the ps4. I wonder if it will let you know somehow that they are playing on ps3.

I guess what i dont get is that we keep the same account but can we be logged in on both accounts ps3 and 4 at the sametime.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (4,922 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11406 posts

Jul 20, 2013

It would be unlikely, considering two PS3's on the same account cannot be run at the same time.

Also, while some games will be multiplayer PS3 and PS4, other games may not be.

I highly doubt the PS3 version of BF4, for example, will be able to play with PS4 users (The PS3 version only supports 24 person multiplayer, the PS4 version supports 64)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (4,918 Views)
0 Likes