Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Re: Ps3 and Ps4 Same log ID/same account?

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

METALPUNKS wrote:
3. Yes you can contibue process. How do you think we cannot. Games that save to servers like ff14rr and dcuo are games that people will play all the way up to ps4 launch. Once they get a ps4 they will have their saves there with those games. So whats stopping someone from going back and playing on the ps3 again. If the save is on a server it wont matter where you play from. Just like with ff14 realm reborn you can play the same character from to ps3 to pc.

1.im not talking about buying games. Talking f2p or games we will buy on the ps3 until ps4 launches those games. Example is ff14 wont be out on the ps4 till 2014. Ps3 version is august. I will be playing that game on my ps3 until the ps4 version comes out.

This is different..  Square Enix, has some great dedicated cloud servers then.. Since your saves carry over.. But from what i read on the P.C. you are not signing into the PSN.. 

Message 21 of 27 (1,733 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

Oct 5, 2013

I was wondering the same thing bummer you can't be signed i on bother but no biggie i guess just annoying to keep having to sign in all the time when you want to use either system

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 27 (1,696 Views)
Fender Bender
3796 posts

Oct 5, 2013

My guess is that everything will work like it does now. RIght now when i sign into my PSN account via my Vita, I can see ALL of my PSN friends; not just the Vita friends. Just now, I turned on my PS3 while staying signed into the Vita and nothing happened. I am signed into both machines with my one account at the same time. As several of the previous posters stated, you do not transfer or move anything. You are simply accessing your account from a different machine.

Message 23 of 27 (1,690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

glasscut wrote:

1. Once you bring your PS4 home and sign in using your current PSN ID.. if you were signed into your PS4, you will be signed out on the PS3..  you cannot have two of the same accounts on the PSN.. 

If this is true, how can I logon to my Vita and PS3 at the same time using the same PSN ID? 

Message 24 of 27 (1,675 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Oct 6, 2013

I have read no official statement from Sony that says they cant be logged into same accout at same time. Vita and Ps3 can right now. I have a feeling you will be able to have Vita, pS3 and PS4 on same account at same time because they are all different machines. Idk as of now and dont think anyone does. As far as game saves transfering, I know Call of Duty and BF4 multiplayer progress will carry over but not sure about single player. When you start a game it asks if you want to save to the cloud and if you do save your single player progress to the cloud it may work with PS4, but not for sure on that.

Message 25 of 27 (1,670 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Nov 30, 2013

im   getting what in saying you can still log on your ps3  and play online  with the same user name   and the ps4 to ok    gust cant play them at the same time 

Message 26 of 27 (1,592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2015

Yes u can be on at the same time

Mod Edit: This is an old thread and is now closed. Please check dates before posting.
Check here for our rules and guidelines.
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

Message 27 of 27 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes