Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: skillz_thatkills First Son 1 posts

Ps3 Slim not working.

4 replies 145 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

I just bought a playstation 3 slim 2 months ago and it is already broken. I have the black screen problem but holding down the power button and waiting for the 3 beeps doesnt work. It also shuts off within the first 2 minutes. I have unplugged all the wires and checked the connection multipe times. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Re: Ps3 Slim not working.

Jun 14, 2012

I'm on my second ps3 slim 320gig. The first one was crap for whatever reason it just kept freezing no matter what I did. So I returned it and got another one the second one is better but once and awhile it will freez. And for this reason a barely play it anymore just getting sick of going into safe mode and doing options  3 and 4 every time it freezes. I really do wish Sony would do something because everyone that I know hat has a slim seems to have this issue.

Message 2 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 15, 2012

skillz_thatkills wrote:

I just bought a playstation 3 slim 2 months ago and it is already broken. I have the black screen problem but holding down the power button and waiting for the 3 beeps doesnt work. It also shuts off within the first 2 minutes. I have unplugged all the wires and checked the connection multipe times. Any help is appreciated.

Take it back. It has a 1 year warranty.

Message 3 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jun 15, 2012

dougwny wrote:

I'm on my second ps3 slim 320gig. The first one was crap for whatever reason it just kept freezing no matter what I did. So I returned it and got another one the second one is better but once and awhile it will freez. And for this reason a barely play it anymore just getting sick of going into safe mode and doing options  3 and 4 every time it freezes. I really do wish Sony would do something because everyone that I know hat has a slim seems to have this issue.

I don't know what horrible luck you and your friends are having but me and at least 20 or so of my friends have a PS3 and none of them have any issues.

I originally had an 80GB (2008 ver. w/o PS2 compatibility) but upgraded to a 250GB Slim when GameStop had the Father's Day sale last year (no, I'm not a father, but it came with two games for the same price as the regular one).  I've been happy with both consoles, and I've had no problems whatsoever.

The only times it freezes are for games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas where that's expected by now.  I didn't even know the PS3 had a safe mode.

Message 4 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Tony, you will get alot more freezes as you get better at gaming.  Ive had just about every game freeze on me except most sony games.  Heavy rain locked up on me once.

Deadspace neither one has locked up on me and they are awesome looking, i think EA is the best.  I had one issue with one EA game it was the army game where it was like a joke it was funny.  Driving a golf cart around and collecting gold that army game is the only EA game i thought had major issues.  Sound not lockup issues though.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 5 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes