Highlighted
May 16 2012
By: BortLicensePlate Uncharted Territory 1394 posts
Accepted Solution

Ps3 Controller Woes

2 replies 57 views Edited May 16, 2012

As a gamer, I like to take care of my videogames and make sure to keep them in good condition.

Recently I was looking over my ps3 controller and I noticed the letters “S T A” in Start and the second letter e in Select has faded away. Has anyone had this problem? The Square, Tri, O, and X button labels are great and the labels “SONY”, “DUALSHOCK 3” and “SixAsis are in perfect shape.

Anyone have this problem? Is the letters fading in the words caused by sweat maybe?

Also the label in the back with the serial number and such is fading on the sides.

Anyone think I am overreacting and this is just normal wear and use? I have controllers from other older systems (Nintendo) that look great. I don’t recall ever dropping the controller and I never throw it at the wall (lol rage).

Anyone have tips to preserving the look of the ps3 controller? ( I have the black one, maybe another color hides the discrepancies better?) or ways to make it look better?

Message 1 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Ps3 Controller Woes

May 16, 2012

It's wear and tear. If it bugs you, grab the label maker and relabel your buttons.

Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: Ps3 Controller Woes

May 16, 2012

yep nothing to freak you out, it happened to and old PS2 controller I have....its just the use

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/1189198/0/1.png?mKlSQHqvof

Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes