Oct 07 2012
By: larosadago First Son 3 posts

Ps2

8 replies 246 views Edited Oct 7, 2012
Is it possible for the vita to support ps2 games because i would love to play silent hill 2 and 3 on my vita
Message 1 of 9 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Ps2

Oct 8, 2012
There was a brief mention of the Vita being able to support PS2 classics in a back issue of Game Informer magazine, but since then nothing.

Since Silent hill 2 & 3 was recently had a HD remake on the PS3, it is unlikely that Konami will make them available as a PS2 classic..
Message 2 of 9 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for the answer
Message 3 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2117 posts

Oct 8, 2012

About 6 months or so before the vita came out in a review with I think IGN sony said it was powerful enough to play ps2 and low end ps3 games. They even had a god of war bubble from ps2 on the vita they were showing. So from what sony said it will. I would love to give you a reference but it seems like that was such a long time ago now. I am sure it will be a while if they put them on it though. They have there hands full of other things they have to fix, put on, or complete for it now. Mabe sometime next year when things are more established.

Message 4 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 8, 2012

What I wouldn't give to play 007 Nightfire on my Vita.

Message 5 of 9 (151 Views)
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
There was a brief mention of the Vita being able to support PS2 classics in a back issue of Game Informer magazine, but since then nothing.

Since Silent hill 2 & 3 was recently had a HD remake on the PS3, it is unlikely that Konami will make them available as a PS2 classic..

Considering that they screwed up the HD collection,  and Downpour also got bad rep and reviews, it is unlikely.

Message 6 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 8, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Considering that they screwed up the HD collection,  and Downpour also got bad rep and reviews, it is unlikely.

Konami patched the HD collection, it should be better now...

Message 7 of 9 (127 Views)
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That's like saying a gunshot wound to the foot is better than the one to the head. 

Message 8 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 8, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That's like saying a gunshot wound to the foot is better than the one to the head. 

But it is......

Least you wouldn't be dead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 9 (108 Views)
0 Likes