Nov 10 2012
By: HulkAmaniaNvrDyZ First Son 2 posts

Ps vita Asian vs Us version

5 replies 4215 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Hi,

I am from Canada currently travelling in SE Asia. I am looking at buying a PS vita over here (in either Vietnam or the Philipines). My question is, if Ican't find an US version and buy the Asian version, will I have any problems when I bring it back to North America? While I am here, can I still download games through the Canadian ps store? Is there any other info that I might need to know.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Message 1 of 6 (4,215 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: Ps vita Asian vs Us version

Nov 10, 2012

You might want to call Sony's Customer Service to find out exactly. But I've heard of users having multiple accounts between regions. But don't quote me on this because I have no idea. But its a good idea to get all the facts before you spend your money.

Message 2 of 6 (4,208 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 10, 2012

HulkAmaniaNvrDyZ wrote:

Hi,

I am from Canada currently travelling in SE Asia. I am looking at buying a PS vita over here (in either Vietnam or the Philipines). My question is, if Ican't find an US version and buy the Asian version, will I have any problems when I bring it back to North America? While I am here, can I still download games through the Canadian ps store? Is there any other info that I might need to know.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

No. You won't any issues. The region where you buy the PSV does not restrict you to what PSN account you can use. Mind you, I bought my PSV in London and since day one (still in London) I associated my American PSN account with it. To this day (back in Latinamerica) I've had no issues. Though you'll more than likely need an adapter for the power cable, I know I did since the UK's standard is different from the rest of the World (you can buy them at airports though)~.

So basically, go to Asia, buy your PSV, when you boot it for the first time simply associate your Canadian PSN account to it and you'll be set to go~.

Message 3 of 6 (4,172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I think also he might be wondering whether or not he can bring the Asian electronic back into the US. I know there are thousands of electronics in Japan that are illegal to bring back into the US.

But even in that case, it won't be a problem with the Vita.
Message 4 of 6 (4,164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Nov 10, 2012
if you buy it digitally, and the vita is from asia, probably not. if you buy physical, and its for a NA vita, probably not any problems, as the vita is region free. however, the asian games might not be in english (or french if your from Quebec). however, when i tried to download japanese demos onto my vita, ( i had japanese account on it) some games worked, some did not. so just be weary of that.
Message 5 of 6 (4,153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Awesome. Thanks for all the help guys....

Message 6 of 6 (4,149 Views)
0 Likes