Nov 15 2012
By: MrCoolBeanz52 First Son 8 posts
Accepted Solution

Ps plus questions

7 replies 169 views Edited Nov 15, 2012
Hey guys so i saw that if you get ps plus you get gravity rush, uncharted(already have), jet set radio hd, wipeout 2048 and mutant blobs attack(already have) which is really cool cause thats about 100$ worth of games for only 17.99$( if you get the 3 month plan). But my question is, when your subscription ends, do you still get to keep and play the games you downloaded or are they locked? (also so if you get the subscription when it comes out you automatically get those games right?) Thanks a bunch!!!
Message 1 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7713 posts

Re: Ps plus questions

Nov 15, 2012
Like Netflix, Gamefly and other subscription based services, free ($0.00) content gets locked once your subscription ends. However, any paid discounted content (even if it's only a cent) will remain unlocked.
Message 2 of 8 (162 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 15, 2012
When you purchase the sub, any ongoing sales/discounts/demos are available as well as the current game collection.

As long as you click purchase, regardless of if you download the game or not, the game is yours whenever you have an active sub.

That means that yes the games you listed would be yours when they are release (this tuesday)

It also means that when your sub expires you can no longer play the games as they will be locked. However if you resub at any point, even a year down the line, they will be available for you to play.

So even if you do not have a Vita but are a plus member make sure to purchase them if you plan to buy a vita anywhere down the line so that they will be there for you.

The instant game collection rotates games in and out every month or two, so unless you have clicked purchase while they are available you will miss those titles, even if you were subbed while they were available.

Hopefully that answers any questions you may have
Message 3 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 15, 2012
It does thanks
Message 4 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I have uncharted and wipeout but no ps plus sub. I want grafvity rush and jet set radio. Do you think it would be a good idea to trade in uncharted and wipeout since I would be getting ps plus? Also would my save game files carry over to digital from retail copies? Either way i'm getting plus been dying to play and beat grav rush and i cant wait for jet set. 

Message 5 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

That's a hard one to answer, it all depends on if you plan on staying with plus for the long haul. But trading those games could go to other games that may or may not eventually be on plus. Myself personally I'm going to wait and see what offers come up. I really like both uncharted and Wipeout and eventhough I will eventually get plus, both games are worth holding onto.

Also everyone has to consider that these games will be digital and since memory for the Vita is rather expensive, you may not have enough storage space for all these games. I have a 32GB card and it isn't enough.

Message 6 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

That's a hard one to answer, it all depends on if you plan on staying with plus for the long haul. But trading those games could go to other games that may or may not eventually be on plus. Myself personally I'm going to wait and see what offers come up. I really like both uncharted and Wipeout and eventhough I will eventually get plus, both games are worth holding onto.

Also everyone has to consider that these games will be digital and since memory for the Vita is rather expensive, you may not have enough storage space for all these games. I have a 32GB card and it isn't enough.

Memory is a pain. But the good thing about the plus games is that once you have "purchased" them you can redownload them as much as you want. Meaning you can delete the game after beating it to clear up space. It will be there still if you ever want to play it again, just waiting for you to redownload it.

To the other question, the save files are usable on the downloads. The games are the same, just digital versions

Message 7 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Nov 15, 2012

i have a 32 and an 8 and i can't fit all my stuff on my current 32 as it is now so i'll have to start backing things up on the pc or something i dunno yet. I like all my little bubbles where they are and i read that if you switch cards it changes all your bubble spots back to default which would really **bleep** me off. I bought too many psp and ps1 games i guess.

2012-11-15-013400

2012-11-15-0134122012-11-15-013408

the only games that arent digital are Uncharted, Hot shots, UMVC3, Wipeout and Mortal kombat. Had to delete my free games from psn already like that rc racing game forbisher says all that stuff... gotta figure out how i can use both my 32 and my 8

Message 8 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes