Feb 16 2012
By: Weinersnitzelz Splicer 61 posts

Ps Vita touch screen is way too sensitive and freezes.

9 replies 1247 views Edited Feb 16, 2012

I picked up the FEB today at Best Buy, the thing is great except the screen is so darn sensitive that my finger can be about 1/8th of an inch above the screen and it registers my finger. Also when I'm using the Vita plugged into the AC adapter the screen will freeze after I lock it and needs to be rebooted. I'm curious to know if anybody else is having these same issues. Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Re: Ps Vita touch screen is way too sensitive and freezes.

Feb 16, 2012

Weinersnitzelz wrote:

I picked up the FEB today at Best Buy, the thing is great except the screen is so darn sensitive that my finger can be about 1/8th of an inch above the screen and it registers my finger. Also when I'm using the Vita plugged into the AC adapter the screen will freeze after I lock it and needs to be rebooted. I'm curious to know if anybody else is having these same issues. Thanks

update your firmware. I've had a weird issues on stock firmware.

Message 2 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7412 posts

Feb 16, 2012

wow i dont have any of the issues some of vita players are having right now but i did update the system as soon as i could

Message 3 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I'm sure it's a firmware bug

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I did the firmware update as soon as I started it. Do you think the version I got was bad? Weird.

Message 5 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7412 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Weinersnitzelz wrote:

I did the firmware update as soon as I started it. Do you think the version I got was bad? Weird.

it could be one of the possibilities , i havent had any issues with mines yet and i've been playing a lot today

Message 6 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Could you try plugging into the AC adapter then lock the screen and a few minutes and unlock it and see of it freezes? Also try going to the main menu and holding your finger slightly above an icon and see if it registers. If you or anyone would try those things and let me know what happens I would be very appreciative.

Message 7 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

When I first got it the touch screen worked just fine until I updated to 1.66...

I didn't even realize the missing CapsLock till they told me it was added LOL!@#! But after updating I used the keyboard and now I can no longer type quickly without pausing,
if I type too fast the screen registers a letter in between my finger presses and not underneath it, my only explanation was that pressing two letters far apart at the same time caused an in between letter to register. This shouldn't happen since I pull away the finger before touching down the next unless it lagged upon de-registering my touch....
I was shocked to find out that the screen registers my touch without even touching the screen -____-  This could be good when needing to press things quickly in a game but while typing it causes what I now call lift-off lag. I thought I would find a nice little surprise like a sensitivity toggle in settings but no only an over sensitive keyboard that reminds me of old touchscreens that never allowed you to type too fast.....
PLEASE FIX THE TOUCH SENSITIVITY ):!!!!

add a toggle and seperate the touch sensitivity of they Keyboard and In-Game touch... because I can see where registering touches early can be a good thing just not while typing /: Stop releasing un-tested crap.... I'm dissapointed in you Sony the vita's joysticks may seem all that but they lack range of mobility which is key for fine tuned movements, If only you had waited to test some shooters on the system you would have figured this out earlier... Or maybe you knew but didn't care and thats why you launched the system without any shooters at all cause you knew once people figured out that the main new feature was a sloppy excuse for a good job your sales would sink... I'd give you back this stinking shiny rear end touch screen and 1990 1megapixel cameras for a pair of full range joysticks like seriously ... 1 MegaPixel? even on the rear.... why is there AR cards and games when the graphics look awesome but the real life scenery chosen looks like an atari 8 bit game ... i wish Microsoft (xbox) made a portable system Sony and Nintendo always seem to be too far on the ends of the scales ):

Oh and my battery doesnt last as long on standby as it used to, I don't know about actual gameplay I wouldn't know how to test tha too many factors such as the game and the actual scenarios that are being proccessed by the CPU.

Message 8 of 10 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 24, 2012

When this happens for me I will put the Vita in standby mode, take it out of standby mode, then not touch anything till it goes back into standby mode.  Then when I take it out of standby the next time it almost always works.  For the record I have a custom lock screen and a password screen on it.  In case that matters.

Message 9 of 10 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Yay for bumping 8 month old topics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 10 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes