MVP Support
10998 posts

Re: Ps Vita to Remote Play all PS4 Games!

May 29, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:
Latency should not be an issue unless you have a crappy WiFi router. Remote Play will only work over LOCAL WiFi, meaning on the same network as your PS4. You will not be able to go to someone else's house and Remote Play back to your PS4.

More than likely, if RP is local only (which would not actually be 'Remote' Play, so this does not make sense), it is more likely the Vita will connect directly to the PS4 via either Wifi or Bluetooth.  Your local router would have no effect on the connection.

When they say that Gaikai technology is involved, that tells me that it may be true Remote Play (as in play from anywhere in the world you have a connection).  You can already connect your Vita to your PS3, not that there are a lot of PS3 games compatible with it (All PSOne games are, though).  I have repeatedly made successful connections to my PS3 from various places when I've been out and about.

RIght now, I am sitting in a Taco Bell 73 miles from home (according to Near), and am connected to my PS3.  I was able to fire up God of War HD and play a bit, but the latency is too much for the part of the game I am at (the spinning blades while trying to beam-walk).  If Gaikai can improve the data compression by just a little over whatever compression Sony is currently using, I could see successfully playing a game from here.

Message 11 of 27 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

May 29, 2013

ill tell you why people like remote play. Let's say you're sibling, parent, girlfriend, wife, friends and etc wanted to use the tv. Well you could easily leave the console on and switch channels and continue you play on the Vita. I don't really need this feature but others may love this to death. Which I see why.

Message 12 of 27 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Did you know that the PS3 can send out it's own signal and you can connect directly to it, bypassing the router??

Apparently NOBODY know's this.  Therefore, PS4 will most likely follow suit and latency issues do not matter regarding Router PS3/4 Router Vita if it is setup this way.

The term "Remote Play" means you can remotely access a system.  Doesn't mean anything else.  There are no specifics as to how far from the system you must be or connect locally or whatever to OFFICIALLY be called "Remote Play".  That's just silly.

Message 13 of 27 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 29, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

ill tell you why people like remote play. Let's say you're sibling, parent, girlfriend, wife, friends and etc wanted to use the tv. Well you could easily leave the console on and switch channels and continue you play on the Vita. I don't really need this feature but others may love this to death. Which I see why.

Exactly this.

Early in the PS4's life many will only have one console, and if say my Wife and I want to watch a show on TV and one of my sons wants to play R&C PS4, well then he can and I won't have to move the PS4 to another room for him to do so. It'll also work out great for me when my Wife wants to watch one of her girlie shows. Anyone that has a PS4 and Vita and is married w/kids will benefit from this.

Message 14 of 27 (236 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10998 posts

May 29, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Did you know that the PS3 can send out it's own signal and you can connect directly to it, bypassing the router??

You can bypass the router when "Remote" Playing at home.  You cannot bypass the router when you are Remote Playing while on the go.

Message 15 of 27 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

You can bypass the router when "Remote" Playing at home.  You cannot bypass the router when you are Remote Playing while on the go.

Yes. Exactly.   What phrase would you use to remote play locally?  Gamepad Play like nintendo? I still don't see how the term "Remote Play" is any different regarding how you access it.

Message 16 of 27 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 29, 2013

I was only thinking about local implementation actually.

If its over the local network, all the more reason why latency should be no problem. I know its an old system now but the Vita/PS3 interaction is "terrible" for items no more than 4 feet away from each other (PS3 is hard wired). And thats just navigating the XMB!

If its global RP, then I would question why it would be implemented if Sony has no idea what the user experience will mutate into. If button presses don't register for say, half a second, that can greatly impact the player experience depending on the game and what is occurring. Plus, I may have a great connection at home, but that doesn't mean my connection speed will be the same or better elsewhere.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing more. I really want it to work and not just be a gimmick. It'll solve my let-me-lay-down-while-playing-a-game-and-watching-the-basketball-game problem.

Message 17 of 27 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 29, 2013

[Update] GAMEINFORMER

Sony president of worldwide studios Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed what might be the best news Vita owners have heard in months. With the exception of titles that require a camera or other external peripheral, PlayStation 4 games will all utilize remote play.

This could breathe new life into Vita sales, which have been limping almost since the handheld launched.

Message 18 of 27 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 29, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Apparently NOBODY know's this.  Therefore, PS4 will most likely follow suit and latency issues do not matter regarding Router PS3/4 Router Vita if it is setup this way.

The term "Remote Play" means you can remotely access a system.  Doesn't mean anything else.  There are no specifics as to how far from the system you must be or connect locally or whatever to OFFICIALLY be called "Remote Play".  That's just silly.

I certainly didn't.

Its been how many years now and I'm just hearing about this, lol

Maybe that will clear up a little of my local latency problems once I figure out how to enable it

Message 19 of 27 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 29, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

[Update] GAMEINFORMER

Sony president of worldwide studios Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed what might be the best news Vita owners have heard in months. With the exception of titles that require a camera or other external peripheral, PlayStation 4 games will all utilize remote play.

This could breathe new life into Vita sales, which have been limping almost since the handheld launched.

I don't think these are the best news I heard as a Vita owner , they might turn to the worst news I heard.

simply because maybe (here I'm saying maybe and yes I'm worried about it) if devs going to make a nice , cool , big AAA game for the vita , they can say , hey let's make this game for the ps4 and PSV owners can play it too.

Message 20 of 27 (206 Views)
0 Likes