Aug 29, 2011

Oh man, its blowing my mind out i want the ps vita this year....i m gonna die

Message 11 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Ps Vita shipping from Japan

Aug 29, 2011

Dude i dont understand why u say the prices wud b crazy , as they have already announced the prices and they r pretty fair..

Message 12 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Aug 29, 2011

kingofdark10 wrote:

Dude i dont understand why u say the prices wud b crazy , as they have already announced the prices and they r pretty fair..

Yes but soem sellers knowing that they are selling to a region that does not have official access to the PSV will bump up the price knowing that some people will pay just to be amongst the first to get it. I remember seeing a PSP sell for way over the MSRP just because someone could not wait for 3 months for the official release in their country.

Also the main place to buy these items is ebay or other auction sites, and bidding can get furious just because these people have to have the item.

Retail websites used to offer to ship them to places like the US, they would sell for prices that were not in line with the current exchange rate and high shipping costs. Also because it broke Sony's and other companies distribution pattern and arrangements, the web sites were pursued with legal threats. I do not know if this is still the case.

Message 13 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 29, 2011

It very probably is. It cant have changed that much. I know I would sue someone disrupting my buisness plans.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 14 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Oh right, that makes sense...i now quite understand.. But r u telling me that ebay might be the site to get ps vita bfore it releases in the US? I mean, have there been similar cases with it before?

Message 15 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 29, 2011

With all the consoles and handhelds there've been those kinds of cases, mate. I can't see why you'd bother getting it before anyone else, one, at the very least it's not fair to the rest of us (though I have no right to stop you from getting it),  two, because there would probably a very narrow launch list, and three, because there would probably be no one except Japanese dudes on online games. And all the games you'd have would be in Japanese. Not English.

*EDIT* : And lastly, four, the PS Vita interface will be in Japanese and I for one can't read or speak Japanese.

Message 16 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Aug 29, 2011

delkata777 wrote:

*EDIT* : And lastly, four, the PS Vita interface will be in Japanese and I for one can't read or speak Japanese.

God save us everyone, will we burn inside the fires of A Thousand Suns?

Though I expect you get the option of English when you start the PSV like you do with Japanese PSPs.

Message 17 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 29, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

delkata777 wrote:

God save us everyone, will we burn inside the fires of A Thousand Suns?

Though I expect you get the option of English when you start the PSV like you do with Japanese PSPs.

True, but the first three reasons still stand. It's his call though.

Message 18 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Aug 29, 2011

If you look at what the price is for the Vita is in Japan (the retail price), it is 24,980 yen, which is roughly $324 USD.

So even if you WERE to get it early, you'd be spending $70 MORE just for a Japanese copy. Then add shipping, and the pricing for the games (which are in Japanese, can't change the language of the game most likely), and...you get the idea.

Totally not worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 29, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Totally not worth it.

^ This.

Ask your parents for it for your birthday, if you're a kid. It's just not worth spending roughly 400$ (and with Japanese games) to get it before everyone else for Christmas when you can get it for 250$ or 300$ and ENGLISH games about a month later.

Message 20 of 25 (11 Views)
0 Likes