PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Ps Vita Umb Drive?

Sep 25, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I seriously doubt an external UMD drive would cost as much as a PSP, I'm guessing $40-$50. I know Logictec was exploring making an external drive when the PSPgo came out, but I am sure they reconsidered once they saw how poorly its sales were...

Evem for 40 or 50 dollars, its just cheaper to keep the old psp, because you wont get that much as turn in credit anywhere, not even a pawnshop.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Currently a PSP 3000 trades in for $56.40 at Amazon, I'm sure the earlier models trade in for much less.

I'm sure that people would like the option to play their UMD games on the Vita if they want, and it would be nice if their is a viable option available.

You made it sound before that a UMD drive would cost as much as a new PSP.

Message 11 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 25, 2011

I'm friggin bloody annoyed at UMD's simply because they get scratched, they get lost if you're not careful and they have excruciatingly long load times. Ergo, I don't really care if they implement a UMD drive or not... Vita games will probably be many times better than PSP games anyway, and if you have a PSP I don't see why you need a drive on the Vita too.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 12 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Sep 25, 2011

I'm old enough to remember cartridge games, it'll be nice to leave the disk loading time behind.

You know, the PS4 will probably come with a flash drive. I know the next laptop I get will have one.

Message 13 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I seriously doubt an external UMD drive would cost as much as a PSP, I'm guessing $40-$50. I know Logictec was exploring making an external drive when the PSPgo came out, but I am sure they reconsidered once they saw how poorly its sales were...

Evem for 40 or 50 dollars, its just cheaper to keep the old psp, because you wont get that much as turn in credit anywhere, not even a pawnshop.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Currently a PSP 3000 trades in for $56.40 at Amazon, I'm sure the earlier models trade in for much less.

I'm sure that people would like the option to play their UMD games on the Vita if they want, and it would be nice if their is a viable option available.

You made it sound before that a UMD drive would cost as much as a new PSP.

I was mostly pointing out that if a umd drive was made, its just another added cost item no matter how much it cost, really is not needed if you already have an older psp to play the games, and to top it off, trading it in will not offer much to pony up for a accessory drive if sony chose to make one. But again it still goes down the road of if sony wants to or not and the possable problem of game piracy where ppl will use the drive to download games that ppl dont own. So it would most likely be read only.

So unless sony finds a way to link the psp that a person owns to transfer data back and forth from that psp to only read the disk or make a seperate drive that reads only, best bet is just to use the older psp like some of are currently doing now as psp go owners.

Message 14 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 26, 2011

A quote from Sony’s Shu Yoshida:

"So is there a chance that owners of the physical UMDs will have a way to play the game on the Vita?

We just announced that we are working on something like that for the Japanese market. We are still working on the details of the program, so we will inform the details of the plan for the Japanese market. But we haven’t decided if we’re going to do something similar outside Japan."

Message 15 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes