Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2011
By: artic52 First Son 2 posts

Ps Vita Umb Drive?

14 replies 318 views Edited Sep 24, 2011

I am thinking of getting a Ps Vita myself for my birthday; but the thing is that will be a Umb Drive in the Ps Vita?

Also wich one do you think is better?

The 3G or the Wifi?  I am not really sure of what to get.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Re: Ps Vita Umb Drive?

Sep 24, 2011

I think you mean UMD drive, not UMB and no, there will not be a physical disk drive on it. The PSV will have games distributed over PSN or via memory card (new, proprietary Sony standard).

I suppose it's possible to have a USB-attached external drive that could read UMDs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I believe Sony is contemplating makeing a external UMD drive for the Vita. They have expressed that they are looking into doing something for people that have UMD games, so it could be a UMD drive or a trade-in program. Sony's latest statements seems to lean toward a UMD drive...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I hope they do the trade in program. I still have 20 UMDs.

Proud Sony fan and owner of PSP 1000, PS2, PS3, and soon PS Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 24, 2011

R0M3Ox53 wrote:

I hope they do the trade in program. I still have 20 UMDs.

Proud Sony fan and owner of PSP 1000, PS2, PS3, and soon PS Vita.

My guess if they do a trade-in program, it will only be for select titles, because only a fraction of PSP titles are on PSN to download and I think few companies outside of Sony would be willing to participate...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Sep 24, 2011

Or how about just keeping your old psp to play the umd games, and play the vita with the new games, this way one psp is charging wile your playing the other. Even if a external umd drive is made, it might just end up costing close to or the same as a current psp. So really, why buy a seperate drive for something you already have.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I seriously doubt an external UMD drive would cost as much as a PSP, I'm guessing $40-$50. I know Logictec was exploring making an external drive when the PSPgo came out, but I am sure they reconsidered once they saw how poorly its sales were...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Sep 25, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I seriously doubt an external UMD drive would cost as much as a PSP, I'm guessing $40-$50. I know Logictec was exploring making an external drive when the PSPgo came out, but I am sure they reconsidered once they saw how poorly its sales were...

Evem for 40 or 50 dollars, its just cheaper to keep the old psp, because you wont get that much as turn in credit anywhere, not even a pawnshop.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7557 posts

Sep 25, 2011

I, too, would be keeping my PSP-3000 and carry one or both. Multiple devices don't really bother me.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 25, 2011

I'm glad I bought my games digitally :s I would be really bummed if I didn't. It's going to make the transition fo Vita really painless.

Even if I did have UMD's I would just keep both systems.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes