Sackboy
463 posts

Re: Ps Vita Applications..!! :\

Apr 13, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

"Yes you are actually right..

But you know I always prefer Sony"

Which is why I have an iPhone, an iPad2 AND a PS Vita.  Thought about giving up the iPhone and iPad for the Sony/Sony compatible alternatives (I believe one of the Samsung tablets plays PSOne games), but I have over $200 wrapped up in iOS apps and accessories.  I have no plans at this time to upgrade to an iPad3 (though that screen is just...  wow.).

I am definitely enjoying the game play on the Vita (just earned my first Vita Platinum for Uncharted: Golden Abyss).  Pretty much everything else I do is on the iPad, including posting to the forums here, though the Vita's Netflix app works pretty well, too.  It's just more comfortable to watch on the iPad's 10" screen.

Hmmm I see..thanks for helping

I'll think if I'm gonna get a Ps Vita or just an iPad..

Cause I'm not a real gamer anymore as I used to

And Congratulation on your first Platinum on the vita ^.~

Photobucket
Message 11 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 14, 2012

As was already mentioned skype is not out yet.. But the apps from what I can tell work good so far. As for what the comment of Ps Vita being first and foremost a gaming machine as someone wrote I would like to just say few things. As of right now yes that is a very true statement.  Although I believe that Ps Vita has a huge potential in Apps if Sony decides to release them and give the developers the freedoms to utilize Ps Vita's strengths. 

I love the gaming capability of my Ps Vita, but just as equal to me are the apps for the system.  In my opinon opening and giving us tons of apps as well as games would be the way to go.  With more versitility comes a wider range of new customers who otherwise might not purchase the Ps Vita.  But to limit it to great games and no apps when the capability is there, would be a mistake for Sony to make if you ask me.

Personally I would love to see an SMS texting app, having that app alone in my opinion would be  a game changer for Ps Vita 3g version.  Though I would like to see folders come in to play where I can put those app bubbles in, maybe in a future update.

I beleive the Ps Vita has huge potential, in games but as well as apps. All I am saying is I would to see the same potential they put in games on apps.  Like I said just my opinion. 

Message 12 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 14, 2012

SaintBernard5 wrote:

As was already mentioned skype is not out yet.. But the apps from what I can tell work good so far. As for what the comment of Ps Vita being first and foremost a gaming machine as someone wrote I would like to just say few things. As of right now yes that is a very true statement.  Although I believe that Ps Vita has a huge potential in Apps if Sony decides to release them and give the developers the freedoms to utilize Ps Vita's strengths. 

I love the gaming capability of my Ps Vita, but just as equal to me are the apps for the system.  In my opinon opening and giving us tons of apps as well as games would be the way to go.  With more versitility comes a wider range of new customers who otherwise might not purchase the Ps Vita.  But to limit it to great games and no apps when the capability is there, would be a mistake for Sony to make if you ask me.

Personally I would love to see an SMS texting app, having that app alone in my opinion would be  a game changer for Ps Vita 3g version.  Though I would like to see folders come in to play where I can put those app bubbles in, maybe in a future update.

I beleive the Ps Vita has huge potential, in games but as well as apps. All I am saying is I would to see the same potential they put in games on apps.  Like I said just my opinion. 

Yep and I agree with you SaintBernard5.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Apr 14, 2012

If your really not a gamer no more, then honestly no point in getting a Vita.. Go get an Ipad and have all the apps you want.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Yes you are actually right..
But you know I always prefer Sony

That's good to hear (I, too, am Sony-only-electronics consumer, lol), so in that case why not check out some tablets from Sony? iPad is not the only tablet out there! Click here to check them out! If you're just looking into the the apps, I suggest you go for a tablet, but if you want a hardcore gaming device, then I would suggest a PlayStation Vita. Keep doing your homework with researching what you trully want.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 15 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

If your really not a gamer no more, then honestly no point in getting a Vita.. Go get an Ipad and have all the apps you want.

Awol_Wolf Trophy Card

Yes I actually thought about it but I really like the vita and I wanna get my own one <3 cause I'm soooooooooo excited to play Kingdom Hearts on it
but umm if they could just add a texting app with voice chat or something like that..
let us just wait and see what will Sony come up with

Photobucket
Message 16 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Yes you are actually right..
But you know I always prefer Sony

That's good to hear (I, too, am Sony-only-electronics consumer, lol), so in that case why not check out some tablets from Sony? iPad is not the only tablet out there! Click here to check them out! If you're just looking into the the apps, I suggest you go for a tablet, but if you want a hardcore gaming device, then I would suggest a PlayStation Vita. Keep doing your homework with researching what you trully want.

Photobucket Long Live Play!

Yep the same I always prefer Sony devices..
Thanks I will check and see
<3 <3

Photobucket
Message 17 of 17 (7 Views)
0 Likes