Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 13 2012
By: Ro0o0ona555 Sackboy 463 posts

Ps Vita Applications..!! :\

16 replies 11 views Edited Apr 13, 2012

Hey guys
I'm saving money right now so I can get my own ps vita but I'm not very excited for it anymore after what I've heard in these forums or even other forums talking about the issues they are facing with the ps vita app..
So who owns a ps vita how is the applications working?!..especiallySkype

Actually if you don't mind list them ..I'm re-thinking to buy another console cuz I don't wanna buy it and then regret it

<3 <3

Photobucket
Message 1 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12247 posts

Re: Ps Vita Applications..!! :\

Apr 13, 2012

Ro0o0ona555 wrote:

Hey guys
I'm saving money right now so I can get my own ps vita but I'm not very excited for it anymore after what I've heard in these forums or even other forums talking about the issues they are facing with the ps vita app..

Actually if you don't mind list them ..I'm re-thinking to buy another console cuz I don't wanna buy it and then regret it

<3 <3

There is no Skype (yet)

And apps will come when PS Suite launches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 13, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Ro0o0ona555 wrote:

Hey guys

<3 <3

There is no Skype (yet)

And apps will come when PS Suite launches.

Ohh I see..
So there is no apps yet? :smileyfrustrated:

Photobucket
Message 3 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12247 posts

Apr 13, 2012

There's a couple.

Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, stuff like that.

Just none of the apps you'd see on like, a smartphone or something. Yet

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 13, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

There's a couple.

Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, stuff like that.

Just none of the apps you'd see on like, a smartphone or something. Yet

And how Facebook is working?!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8295 posts

Apr 13, 2012

If apps is what you want, you could always save up and buy an iPad.

With an iPad3, you'd be getting an UltraHD screen (2048x1536) to Skype and youtube on.  You'll be getting a facebook app that doesn't suck, and plenty of built in memory, too.

You'll also be paying 2 to 3 times as much.

Seriously, people, when it comes to electronic/multimedia devices, $300 is chump change.  What it seems like some of you guys want to do is to be able to do things that you would otherwise have to spend $500-1000 to do.

Yeah, you can get a netbook for $300, but what kind of games do you think it could play?  Solitaire?  Minesweeper?  Sure.  Assassin's Creed?  Battlefield 3?  Not a chance (a portable computer that could play a modern AAA game would set you back 10x that).

The PS Vita is, first and foremost, a portable gaming machine.  As someone stated in another thread, the other stuff is just bonus.

That being said, the stuff you guys are looking for is probably on its way.  I can't speak for skype (I don't use it, I use Face Time on my iPad or iPhone), but youtube requires an html5 video tag capable browser and a device that supports the h.264 or WebM video codec.  I'm not sure the Vita is capable in it's current state.

Message 6 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1557 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Facebook is cool, it just got updated so that you can upload photos to your facebook from the app itself (Before you were not able to do it).

The only thing I don't like about the facebook app is that it doesn't let you continuously load all posts on your feed, only a certain number of times.

Also, Netflix rules!

Message 7 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 13, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

If apps is what you want, you could always save up and buy an iPad.

With an iPad3, you'd be getting an UltraHD screen (2048x1536) to Skype and youtube on.  You'll be getting a facebook app that doesn't suck, and plenty of built in memory, too.

You'll also be paying 2 to 3 times as much.

Seriously, people, when it comes to electronic/multimedia devices, $300 is chump change.  What it seems like some of you guys want to do is to be able to do things that you would otherwise have to spend $500-1000 to do.

Yeah, you can get a netbook for $300, but what kind of games do you think it could play?  Solitaire?  Minesweeper?  Sure.  Assassin's Creed?  Battlefield 3?  Not a chance (a portable computer that could play a modern AAA game would set you back 10x that).

The PS Vita is, first and foremost, a portable gaming machine.  As someone stated in another thread, the other stuff is just bonus.

That being said, the stuff you guys are looking for is probably on its way.  I can't speak for skype (I don't use it, I use Face Time on my iPad or iPhone), but youtube requires an html5 video tag capable browser and a device that supports the h.264 or WebM video codec.  I'm not sure the Vita is capable in it's current state.

Yes you are actually right..
But you know I always prefer Sony

Photobucket
Message 8 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 13, 2012

H2CStrongBad wrote:

Facebook is cool, it just got updated so that you can upload photos to your facebook from the app itself (Before you were not able to do it).

The only thing I don't like about the facebook app is that it doesn't let you continuously load all posts on your feed, only a certain number of times.

Also, Netflix rules!

Maybe they will update it later so we can be able to do that..
And thanks for the help <3

Photobucket
Message 9 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8295 posts

Apr 13, 2012

"Yes you are actually right..

But you know I always prefer Sony"

Which is why I have an iPhone, an iPad2 AND a PS Vita.  Thought about giving up the iPhone and iPad for the Sony/Sony compatible alternatives (I believe one of the Samsung tablets plays PSOne games), but I have over $200 wrapped up in iOS apps and accessories.  I have no plans at this time to upgrade to an iPad3 (though that screen is just...  wow.).

I am definitely enjoying the game play on the Vita (just earned my first Vita Platinum for Uncharted: Golden Abyss).  Pretty much everything else I do is on the iPad, including posting to the forums here, though the Vita's Netflix app works pretty well, too.  It's just more comfortable to watch on the iPad's 10" screen.

Message 10 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes