Jul 15 2012
By: Silentspeedz First Son 2 posts

Ps+ Or a full game?

7 replies 163 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

A few days ago i had my mind set on buying Skyrim since it was on sale on amazon for

40$ then i found out about the features and free games on ps+. Now I can't decide which

one to get, Skyrim for 40$ or a year of free games for 50$. I haven't tried skyrim or tried a

trial or ps+ so i dont have any experience in both. What do you guys think is a better choice?

I also dont spend money on games often i won't even look at the discounts on ps+ since

i wont be buying anything for a few months. (only reason i want ps+ is for free games that

come with it and maybe some early betas).

Message 1 of 8 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Re: Ps+ Or a full game?

Jul 15, 2012

This can be a toughie. Act now and you can have the game you desire for a cheaper price, or get Plus and you can have more than one free fuller game for about the same amount. The answer I think would depend on a couple things, such as if you're even interested in the free titles being offered. Have you ever played Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, LittleBigPlanet 2, or one of the many PlayStation Network titles like Sideway: New York? Each of these games have demos available on the store if you haven't looked into it already. That would be a good way to judge whether you might be looking forward to any of them on the list.

Skyrim of course is probably not a bad deal at all for $40... but, I wonder if ever Skyrim would be one of the many releases added for free to the Plus selection. That would be pretty amazing, wouldn't it? Last year's critically acclaimed RPG hit on Plus? Bam! Not only did you score other free games, but so too did you get that one title you were after that one time.

If you happened to sign up with Plus right now, there's always the chance that Skyrim would stay or become even cheaper on Amazon at a later date. Last year for instance, Fallout 3 was on sale for about $7. This being Skyrim's 2008 predecessor, the game's cost has been inflated and deflated over the years. You could give yourself the gift of Plus and get a whole lot or the gift of Skyrim and have that one selection to play for awhile.

Message 2 of 8 (160 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Your right, i think getting ps plus is just a better deal in every way possible and with the chance of Skyrim becoming part of ps plus someday. The free games that are currently available seem to gain my interest too. Just one more question. Since there are currently 12 free games right now, how often to they offer new free games? And if i download these 12 games today, do i keep them even after they are replaced by other titles later on? ( Im aware that i will lose these games if my subscription ends)

Message 3 of 8 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Right now we're only in the second month of this newer transition of Plus. The sign of it so far seems to be that once a month three new titles will be rotated into the instant game roster. Last month, for example, you could have downloaded the likes of Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone and Hard Corps: Uprising (both shooters). Those selections were replaced with a trio of newcomers.

Once they're removed from the list of games you still have the capability of playing them. You'll just have to remember to download what you want for free so that you have that information on your account. Once your Plus subscription expires then you'll lose access to the games only at that time, and as you know, only then is it by renewing the Plus payments will those same games be available to you once more. Even if you don't have room to store all the freebies on your harddrive, hitting the download button on a free game and then canceling the download will store the transaction on your account, the fact that it's there being what's important. And so long as you stay a Plus member you can download and play through the game as many times as you want.

Message 4 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Might want to rename thread topic to. "12 games or a full game". Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 18, 2012

another thing to ask yourself is how often do you play ps3-- if it isnt much---- i would go with skyrim. one of the few games i think has well over 1000 hours of playtime on it. but if you play alot- then plus is the better deal

Message 6 of 8 (107 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Jul 28, 2012
Message 7 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Yea basically if you play alot you would get value for your money in a one year subscription which is the same cost as one game. I figure instead of buying Fifa and COD every year I could at least get PS+ and get some verity in my game collection for free

Message 8 of 8 (60 Views)
0 Likes